BBQ Sauce Survey?

Started by jgp12000, November 29, 2022, 01:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

My favorite BBQ sauce is from our locally owned "Fincher's" BBQ restaurant."Johnny Harris" is 2nd based in Savannah both vinegar based.

PacRat

I like Dreamland out of Tuscaloosa AL...also vinegar based.

day0ne

I personally think that all BBQ sauce is crap. What a way to ruin good meat.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

JasonGotaProblem

I also think most BBQ sauce is crap. But that doesnt stop me from using it. Often IMO the best one is the one within reach.

If i want it to be really good I make my own.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

farmer56

went through about every one made . my current best one is  Big Rick's out of Wichita Ks  farmer out

r_shackleford

My personal favorite is a sauce called "Gold Sauce" and the recipe is as follows:

1 Part off the shelf bbq sauce (Sweet Baby Rays, Kraft, etc), 1 part Franks Hot Sauce, 1 part mustard (yellow or honey).

Great on wings and ribs.

farmer56

will try gold sauce   thanks for sharing

Midway Tommy

Without a doubt, Famous Dave's for me. It's probably regional, though, and was concocted by Willy Theisen of Omaha, the original owner of God Father's Pizza.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

thorhammer

Mine, followed by Cackalackey Bold Gold.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

Maurice's Southern Gold.  It's heavy on the nustard..  Same as the old Piggy Park drive-in sauce.

Rancanfish

Quote from: alantani on November 30, 2022, 03:43:40 AManything hot and spicy!

Haha, anything NOT hot and spicy Doc!  I wish I could.  I absolutely love the jalapeno nachos at the ballpark but my insides rebel every time.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

America's Test Kitchen's St. Louis BBQ Sauce recipe.  Easy and the best.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

I'd guess most peoples favorite is based on where they grew up. Myself? I don't like the vinegar or mustard based sauces. Sweet Baby Rays tastes good to me!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

zoner