pjstevko

Finally got sushi knife...

A 240mm yanagiba!

Bill B

Congratulations PJ, I know you are going to put it to good use!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

I haven't bought a new sashimi knife in over 30 years. I'm still using the knives that I purchased in Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo.  Buy a good quality one and it should last your lifetime.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the maker but it was recommended by my Chef cousin as I purchased a set for her as well.

Good luck in your hunt.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

UKChris1

Great news. I'm glad you have made your choice and that it comes with a proper cover (I know that has a correct name, but it escapes me). I hope you enjoy your sashimi and sushi and, importantly, enjoy using your yanagiba.

I do enjoy watching experts on Youtube using this type of blade to prepare glistening slices of very fresh fish (even if I prefer mine cooked  ;) )

David Hall

Bought a nice set last year, and man are they sharp, but as Boon noted, they are right handed grind on the blade, single bevel and I am left handed so the sashimi blade does not work well for me as it wants to follow the flat side of the blade and digs in when I slice.  My wife absolutely loves them.