Main Menu

Instapot Butt

Started by jgp12000, December 23, 2022, 06:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I have done this twice,easy time saver.I know it's not the same but it is good !

https://recipeteacher.com/best-damn-instant-pot-pulled-pork/

JasonGotaProblem

That looks good butt you lost me at the liquid smoke.

I only use my instapot for pork butt. I chop it up into big chunks and throw it in with some quartered tomatoes onions and sweet peppers plus a ton of diced garlic. I add a bunch of cumin black pepper and a little bit of allspice and a half tsp of cocoa powder then add enough mojo marinade ("Kirby" is my favorite)to cover all ingredients and kick it on to cook for like 30 min.
At this point the meat is usually shredable so i pull it out with tongs trying to avoid the non meat chunks. I then take a stick blender to the veggie soup in the pot and pour the mix over a strainer into a bowl to save the juice but discard the pulp. I put tue juice back in the pot and shred up the meat, and put that back in with some cilantro and more cumin and black pepper, and add more salt if needed but I generally don't. I'll cook on low for another half hour in the pot. Then when I'm ready to serve i scoop out some and throw it on a hot pan with a bit of oil and sizzle it up a bit.

Great for cuban sandwiches, enchiladas, or just by itself.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.