Record spinning reel

Started by haulinbass, February 12, 2023, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haulinbass

Greetings. ISO parts for a record spinning reel. Full bail, needs a spring. Crank handle missing. There isn't any reel model markings other than it's a Thommen C. Seigrist reel. Thanks in advance

Midway Tommy

Parts are practically nonexistent for those reels. Keep an eye on eBay, but be patient, or watch for a cheap donor reel to canabilze.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

If you post some photos of your reel, I may be able to help.

Have a lot of old Thommen Records.  Maybe a tub or two.

Might be one that I could get the parts from.

And...Welcome!

Please introduce yourself.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

haulinbass

See if these pics help.

haulinbass

Sorry, was focused on the football game when I was loading the reel pics.
Live in the Midwest. Freshwater fishing of course. Have a few old reels picked up along the way, some hand me downs. Work in a regional hospital for about the last 30yrs.

foakes

Found a few, and there are some more out there in the storage also.

Will check these tomorrow, and look for more.

I can strip off what you need, or just send you a reel.

N/C —-

Found a couple of old Centaures in really good condition also.

Plus a ton of Langley's, old Zebcos (Langley types), H&I, Pfluegers, SB's, and much more.  Just scratched the surface.

Haven't gone deep yet.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

haulinbass

That's a collection!
Best I recall, the flat black handle was the type needed for this reel. Any bail springs?
THANK YOU!
Have been searching the net including eBay, Etsy and everywhere else I could think of.