SOA 10 day, October 20-30, 2023

Started by alantani, January 04, 2023, 11:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoked4fishin

Evan had told me that 8' fit.  From what I recall, 8' is pushing it.  7'10' - 7'11" fir for sure.

alantani

rods up to 8 feet need to be at a slight angle. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wally15

I ain't right in the head! I originally signed up for this 10 day trip then changed my mind about 6 months ago and swapped over to the 8 day. But I had a fishing epiphany this morning and now I've signed up for BOTH trips. It's a fishermans prerogative to change his mind. 4 cross country trips in October. UGH
Oh well, my kids didn't deserve any inheritance anyway. And we have a grandbaby due to arrive the last week of October. With Starlink maybe they'll send me a picture.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

thanks.  i just hope that anne doesn't give you too much grief!!!

stoked4fishin

Wally15

Quote from: stoked4fishin on September 04, 2023, 02:57:00 AMCongrats Grandpa!
I did the important part about 40 years ago.
Look forward to seeing you in 2.5 weeks.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

johndtuttle

Alan, is space available on this trip....I may not be able to get my Passport in time for the 8 day....:(

OK, looks like the trip is full,...BUT if someone needs to back out I am good to go.

You can change your plans and your spot will be filled (by me!).  >:D

akfish

Just a guess: Does anyone on the 10 day trip need any rebuilt baitcasters? When I closed my reel repair shop, I had several rebuilt baitcasting reels left over. Included are four Ambassadeurs, all made in Sweden: 6500 SSC4, XLT3, 650 Plus, and a 5000 (newer version, foot number 89-0 90-91); and a black Shimano Bantam IOX SSg. I'm not quite anxious to give them away for free, but I'll sell them at great prices to people fishing with me on the SoA 10 day. Drop me a note if you want me to bring them on the trip.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

MarkT

Is everyone getting excited... one week to go!

I'm planning on taking:
25# Phenix psw808mh/Avet MXJ
30# UC Tilefish Jr/Avet SX Raptor
40# UC Tilefish/Avet JX 6/3
50# UC Predator 76/Avet JX Raptor
50# Phenix psw809xhj/Shimano TranX 500 HG
50# UC Monster 90/Shimano TranX 500 HG
60# UC RGP Terminator/Avet HX Raptor
80# UC Centaur 76/Okuma Mak 16 SEa
100# Okuma PCH-C-741XXXH/Avet HXW Raptor
100# UC Viper 76/Okuma Mak 20 SEa
Plus TranX 300, Penn Fathom 12/15xnld2/25nld2, Torium 20, Mak 15T SEa

I know Alan has loaners for out of staters but I have lots more that is staying at home. Is anyone needing another rig to fill in?

Alan, do you have room assignments? How about licenses/permits/fuel surcharge? They take a check? How many rod spots do we get along the house? I just paid $300 today to 5-Star for processing of the fish I sent my son in OK from my last 10-day!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

MarkT

Hurricane Norma should hit Cabo on Sunday evening. May be "bumpy" at the Rocks/Ridge early next week.

Brewcrafter

What's all coming north with the warm water Mark?  May be kick up the wahoo bite? - john

MarkT

That would sure be nice! This has certainly not been the year of the Wahoo! We'll probably start the trip local for BFT rather than at the end to let the conditions improve down south. I suspect the storm will turn towards the mainland after Cabo and not continue up the outside of Baja.

tommyd

looks like our hurricane is strengthening and will be approaching Cabo around Saturday which puts us in a dicey position if the prediction is off just a little and we are on the ridge so I'm sure Evan is monitoring the situation closely and he'll be letting us know when he makes his decision. Fortunately,
she's moving kind of slow and not charging north nor predicted to. :fish

Brewcrafter

alantani

Rough weather.