SOA 8 day, October 2-10, 2023

Started by alantani, January 04, 2023, 11:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

this will be the 10th "at.com" long range trip on the spirit of adventure.  we will be keeping the same 8-day format.  last year i had put in a request for an extension of this trip, increasing it from 8-day to 10-day, but that didn't happen for some reason.  what did happen was the jim hart/grady white 10-day trip opening up.  veterans of this trip will now have access to both trips.

all of you that have been on our previous trips will have priority on the 8-day, or the 10-day, or both.  this 8-day trip will be open to 24 persons and the cost for the boat will be $77,510.  that comes out to $3230 per person, or $404 per person per day, not including tip.  i'm going to bump the tip (from 15% to 17.6%) and bring the total up to $3800 per person. 

i will be sending out emails to everyone today.  i will need to hear back within a week, followed by a 50% deposit check.  the SOA office requires a 50% deposit check by february 1st.  refunds for cancellations require that a replacement be found first.  hope to hear from you soon.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

the list (updated 9/28/2023)

2023 list

1. Alan Tani - Saratoga, CA (9 year) (paid in full)

2. David Hoffmann - Morgan Hill, CA (10 year) (paid in full)

3. Ed Tani - Hayward, CA (9 year) (paid in full)

4. Wes Tsutsui - Morgan Hill, CA (10 year) (paid in full)

5. Warren Hamachi - West Covina, CA (9 year) (paid in full)

6. James Libby - Hancock, WI (8 year) (paid in full)

7. Mike Pate (8th year)- Leesburg, GA (paid in full)

8. Lee Putman - Klamath Falls, OR (7year) (paid in full)

9. Tom McKinney - San Diego, CA (6 year) (paid in full)

10. Bobbie Haskell - San Jose (2 year) (paid in full)

11. Ed Hood - Mountain View, CA (paid in full)

12. Bill Barella - Crestwood, CA (2 year) (paid in full)

13. Paul Dennis - Eugene, OR (paid in full)

14. Todd Johansson - Port Hardy, BC (paid in full)

15. Ralph Carrasco - Santa Cruz, CA (paid in full)

16. Frank James - Hammond, OR (paid in full)

17. John Carriere - Hammond, OR (paid in full)

18. Mark Pavlsick - Waldport, OR (paid in full)

19. Jessica Elliott - Waldport, OR (paid in full)

20. Garrett Carney - San Luis Obispo, CA (paid in full)

21. Rick Berg - Alturas, CA (paid in full)

Keta

I'm in.  I'd rather do the 10 day but as usual funding will be tight.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jimmer

I'm in for the 8 day. May not be able to respond to your email for a few days, I will be offline. We are leaving Hancock WI, in an hour bound for South Padre Island TX for a 2 !/2 mo. stay. Snow is coming down good right now, I've driven in it all my life, but never pulled a 21' travel trailer down the interstate in a snowstorm. Wish me luck !
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

DCH

Wes and I are confirmed for the eight day trip... check going out tonight. Retired 12/20/22 and living up in the Sierra's above Buckhorn. Great trout fishing in three lakes within 1 hour drive  :fish

Keta

Quote from: DCH on January 09, 2023, 07:22:58 AMWes and I are confirmed for the eight day trip... check going out tonight. Retired 12/20/22 and living up in the Sierra's above Buckhorn. Great trout fishing in three lakes within 1 hour drive  :fish

Good to gear you retired Dave, I hope things are not too wet where you are now.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

R46chevy

Going to FU tmr about getting on this trip

alantani

Quote from: R46chevy on February 03, 2023, 04:20:54 AMGoing to FU tmr about getting on this trip

ed, it will be great to have you back!!!!!!

Wally15

Great. My deposit check didn't bounce! Wish the 8 day and the 10 day were a month or more apart. At least most of the "irregulars" are sticking with the 8 day.
GA Mike.
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Bill B

Check is in the mail.  I apologize for getting it in so late.  Bill

alantani

Hamachi

Ok gentlemen, this trip will probably go to the ridge or possibly the rocks. If you look at the map of Baja, I believe this area is almost to Cabo. There is still plenty of room left on this trip for you and your buddies. A chance for catching wahoo, yellowfin, yellowtail and an assortment of excellent table fare fish for the taking. There is also room on the 10 day trip. Let's go! I don't think you'll regret it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Keta

Quote from: Hamachi on March 05, 2023, 06:53:03 AMOk gentlemen, this trip will probably go to the ridge or possibly the rocks. If you look at the map of Baja, I believe this area is almost to Cabo. There is still plenty of room left on this trip for you and your buddies. A chance for catching wahoo, yellowfin, yellowtail and an assortment of excellent table fare fish for the taking. There is also room on the 10 day trip. Let's go! I don't think you'll regret it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Yup, and it is a fun group to fish with too.

Mark Twain

Bill B

This is my 3 year and would never book on another long range.  Best group of fishermen!