SOA 3 Day Bluefin Trip, June 19-22, 2023

Started by alantani, January 04, 2023, 11:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

CI_Seawolf

Hi PJ,  regarding the trolling, we only had a few folks that tried on the second day for a bit.  I trolled a red Madmac 200 for a bit, but switched to a 160 mackerel pattern for a while too, no takers.
Stay Classy!

CI_Seawolf

Bernard, kudos to you for bringing your son on the trip.  Isaac brought so much good energy with him and fished as hard as he could.  It was a pleasure to share a rail with both of you.

Tom
Stay Classy!

bchen

It was good to fish and talk with you, too, Tom!  Isaac is a really fishy kid.  These trips are also training him to be a better card player.  Life skills.

Alan, can you post a link to the cheap split rings we were using?  And what were the specs on the treble hooks?  Those things were beasts.

pjstevko

Alan you ever have trouble with the TT split ring pliers opening up those split rings enough for big hook eyelets?

I had to buy HPA split ring pliers to open up the owner ultra #8/9 enough to get big single and treble hooks on split rings...

MarkT

I use the HPA, Shimano, Pitbull, Texas Tackles... in that order! Pitbull's are the cheapest and work better than the TT.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!