Shimano Bantam's are Still Kickin' It!

Started by Paul Roberts, January 08, 2023, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hytekrednek

here are a few pics of the reel my awesome grandfather gave me. I located the perfect rod for it. They were made for each other.  I do use the combo and it is a pleasure to cast, especially with the very light Avail spool I got for it.

steelfish

the reelseat on that shimano rod is awesome !

as you said, the perfect match
The Baja Guy

pointbob

Quote from: Gfish on January 09, 2023, 02:49:17 AM"Embryonic epiphany". I love it! Great write-up Paul. Cool pictures too. I really like the Wintertime Steelhead, one.
Here's my pre-mag Bantam,

You use that in the salt or rivers like wailua? I used to get into a lot of fish upper hanalei and that bantam be perfect.
Patience comes to those who wait

DougK

Quote from: Hytekrednek on May 09, 2023, 08:12:30 PMhere are a few pics of the reel my awesome grandfather gave me. I located the perfect rod for it. They were made for each other.  I do use the combo and it is a pleasure to cast, especially with the very light Avail spool I got for it.

that's a terrific combo, very nice..

the Avail spools are wonderful, a huge upgrade for any reel. The problem is the Avail spool is often more expensive than the reel itself.. paid $60 for a Ambassadeur 4600C4 and $90 for the Avail spool ;-) but it was worth it.

Hytekrednek

I agree. The Avail spools are pricey, but worth it. The Avail spool along with some new high quality spool bearings, and some carbontex drag washers, really turns the already good Bantam 100 into an amazing compact reel that looks as good as it performs.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are