Bench top mat

Started by Bill B, January 14, 2023, 08:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Quote from: alantani on February 02, 2023, 06:48:31 AMman, you guys are way too organized! ;D

Yep too organized for me too .

I just use a dark towel and SS trays for the little parts
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

JasonGotaProblem

I'm on team tray as well. But i like the metal baking trays from the dollar store. They're smaller than lunch trays. But not too small.

Loosely related: I dont use the bench anymore. I sit on the floor to do reel work. It greatly reduces the distance a dropped screw or spring can bounce and travel. A slight reduction in comfort has resulted in a major reduction in lost parts.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

MarkT

My back wouldn't like working on the floor. I put a towel on the table and put the mat on that.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Lunker Larry

I made a wooden one with an edge made from quarter round. Screwed it directly on my workbench with an over hang so things don't end up on my lap or the floor. Laid a old dish towel in it to soften things up then lay a couple paper shop rags on it. When it gets too dirty I just change the shop towels. Store the reels waiting parts in small boxes with the owners name on it and what it needs written on a piece of dollar store masking tape (comes off easily) and the parts in small cups. I don't have a whole lot of space so this works good for me.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?