Mitchell 486 Rotor wobble. Its a Pum bail system

Started by Fishgolfman, January 15, 2023, 11:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

just Got another 486. Notice a wobble on rotor when i move it by hand as if not tight to pinion gear. Rotor is tightened to pinion gear with key washer and nut, cked that. Suggestions before i do part exchanges with another very tight 486 reel.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Fishgolfman

Had to go out of town for business! I have a Pum 486 that doesn't wobble. Will be able to exchange parts from pinion gear, balanced rotor etc. may be the quickest solution. Will let you know my findings.. hopefully you all will have solutions!!

Fishgolfman

Turns out missing the ferodo drag plate. Broken shaft. Now to replace???

Gfish

Interesting name Ferodo Drag Plate. That's up underneath the spool, not sure that'ed cause rotor wobble. Also, what shaft is broken? The spool shaft(called the axel by M.G.)?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Fishgolfman

The 386, 486, 302N and 496 and 498 have a shaft integrated with spool rest and ferodo drag plate as one piece! Founder a donor reel to get shaft. Hard to find. Btw ferodo is a brake material used on cars.

Gfish

philaroman

I thought PUM breaks the Hobbit of Bailbo getting in the way?  ::) ::) ::)