Dolphin 621

Started by WVHillbilly, June 04, 2023, 04:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVHillbilly

I seem to own many olympic dolphin reels. Got on a kick some years back and bought several 621 and other maker models of same reel. Anyways... like the size, but keep pinching my damn fingers not being used to levelwind. Removed said finger pincher and now have a nice 1/0 size conventional on a budget. holds plenty of line. May do this to a few more of them. Nice size for me surf fishing. I did put CF drags in a couple, if I recall it used penn 60 size. Also like the cheap big game rods. Extended the butts on em fer easier castin and me sand spikes. Playin on me back deck, wanna be pier ..... :D Hillbilly out
Feeshin is Feeshin

thorhammer

thats where you need your frame!

JasonGotaProblem

I like it. This would be a good candidate for what on abu ambassadeurs we call a "CT conversion". Its basically taking it a step further and modifying the frame to make it an open top conventional without losing stability of the 3rd bar.

I suspect with your machining skills and resources you could cut a proper "CT bar" in your sleep. Might be worth looking into.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

WVHillbilly

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on June 05, 2023, 12:48:27 PMI like it. This would be a good candidate for what on abu ambassadeurs we call a "CT conversion". Its basically taking it a step further and modifying the frame to make it an open top conventional without losing stability of the 3rd bar.

I suspect with your machining skills and resources you could cut a proper "CT bar" in your sleep. Might be worth looking into.
This has crossed my mind as well. TY
Feeshin is Feeshin

oldmanjoe

If you are not going to use the level winding parts , I think jgp 12000 was looking for the worm paw for his reel .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare