Found a Few Loose Parts

Started by foakes, February 12, 2023, 08:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelrepair123

hi  fred     the penn rings, are you selling them individual or the whole lot?  i see your as busy as ever, great therapy.  take care my friend,  harryk

foakes

I just keep a few for clients who need a quick fix or upgrade, Harry —-

Didn't know I had this many because they were buried out in the storage container, at the bottom of an old falling-apart cardboard box I picked up somewhere maybe 25 years ago.

If you need something specific, let me know.

Was wondering why it was so cold, like an icebox in the storage container.  Came in for lunch — looked at the weather station — 32 degrees mid-day, with the Sun out.  It is likely colder in the steel storage.

I'll work in the inside shop for the rest of the day.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

209 left and right side ring sets in the mail, Harry —-

ETA, Thursday.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Quote from: kjdunne on February 14, 2023, 10:35:28 AMFred, The handle with the ivory colored knob in the 2nd pic would be great.  Or the red knob in the last pic.

Thanks again!
Kal

Your reel and parts are in the mail, Kal —-

ETA is Thursday.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Fishead

Walking through your storage areas would be like an amusement park for a lot of us. The rides would be walking through memory lane, for those of us that can remember.I bet no one would leave empty handed either.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Crab Pot

Hey Fred,

If you have vintage Penn conventional reel screws I'm looking to increase my stockpile.

(Already used up what Randy sent me)

Also looking for a 10/0, 12/0, and a 16/0 complete my "Senator Grand Slam" collection.

A stainless steel Jigmaster double dog bridge and gear sleeve would be nice.

I'll be asking about D-A-M Quick parts soon, I'm up to three now including the 270 click-o-matic I PM'd you about. Got it for $25 plus shipping!

Ever thought of changing your name on the site to Amazon Fred?

Thanks,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

foakes

Hi Steve —-

After 40 years, I transitioned from working on any type of reel —- to just 4/5 brands of quality vintage spinning reels.

Got rid of about 800 pounds of New Old Stock Penn Conventional parts.

Plus 8 crates of spools.

Then got rid of about 200 conventional Penn reels.

Then another truckload of parts a year later.

I have maybe a few crates of Penn Conventionals left —- and a complete collection of all (10) Senators —- and a few parts for old clients —- but I'll be keeping most of that stuff.

Plenty of NOS parts for DAM Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinal Spinners.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Crab Pot

:d

I'll be picking your brain for D-A-M Quick parts soon enough Fred!

JasonGotaProblem

I got a spare 12/0 I was eventually gonna sell. Eventually could be now. Chrome loss on spool but otherwise clean
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 14, 2023, 11:36:42 AMI got a spare 12/0 I was eventually gonna sell. Eventually could be now. Chrome loss on spool but otherwise clean

Jason,

Man I just bought one in Texas.

Not here yet but should come before the weekend.

Wouldn't happen to have a 10/0 would you?

Can't drop the cash on a 16/0 just yet.

That'll have to wait till in get back from my tuna trip.

Steve

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Crab Pot on July 19, 2023, 12:31:25 AM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 14, 2023, 11:36:42 AMI got a spare 12/0 I was eventually gonna sell. Eventually could be now. Chrome loss on spool but otherwise clean

Jason,

Man I just bought one in Texas.

Not here yet but should come before the weekend.

Wouldn't happen to have a 10/0 would you?

Can't drop the cash on a 16/0 just yet.

That'll have to wait till in get back from my tuna trip.

Steve
If I had a spool I could build a 16/0. Pretty sure same for the 10/0. The 10 is a narrower 12/0 right? If so i kinda want one. I have some steel for a 12/0 and it seems gnaaaaaarly. But it's just so huge I feel like I could spool it with paracord and still need a lot. A narrow version is probably great.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

foakes

Right you are, Jason —

10/0 is a narrow 12/0.

14/0 is a narrow 16/0.

20/0 is a wide 16/0.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.