Rod clamp that fits PG 255

Started by Fishead, July 24, 2023, 02:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead

Bought a 255 without a rod clamp. Thought the 251 clamp might fit but no such luck. Still too wide. The Studs are closer together than a Newell 220 clamp and the smallest Shimano clamp I have to measure against. Anyone have a suggestion on one that might fit?
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Rancanfish

I answered and somehow deleted it. (Only one cup so far).

Anyway the Penn clamp for the 30-49 base fits, I just checked. 501, 146, etc. I like the one with the built in ring.

If you have to have original I may be able to help out later.

I have to get back to replacing the house front door.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Swami805

Here's Cortez conversions small reel clamp on a pro gear 251. Fits perfect. Check out his site in the for sale section
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Fishead

Sorry guys I crossed the numbers. The narrower 255 is the one I need clamps for. Tiburons small clamp fits the 251 but is too wide for the 255.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

What is the center to center distance?

Fishead

The center to center of the clamp studs measure 1.15in.  It is a very small clamp.

Bryan Young

I think the Penn graphite rod clamp will work. It's common with the 113h I believe. Need to search mystic reel parts for a part number.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/33-16VS.aspx
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishead

Maureen at Mystic is looking into any Penn clamps that might fit. No luck yet. A 1.15 center to center is an awfully small clamp, I think 1.25 is the smallest Penn clamp Ive seen so far.

thorhammer

Penn torque clamp is slotted, if not quite narrow enough you might enlarge the slot with a rattail file, just grease or use a paint pen on the raw aluminum.

John

thorhammer

The Torque clamp is what you want. 1.7" outer slot W; 0.9" innner slot W, and the capture nuts will get as close as 1.1". I used Penn nuts to measure but the heads are the same size as the nuts on my CS550 PG. Plus, you're only out two bucks if it doesn't work and they fit about every other Penn under 6/0 size. Cheaper than the graphite clamp and sleek black or silver with pretty low profile.

John