I am leaving Black Hole USA

Started by ksong, July 22, 2023, 05:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

It's been pleasure and fun to introduce and develop Black Hole USA rods from zero.

MarkT

Sorry to hear this, who, if anyone, will be the distributor in the US?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

You had a good run if all the fishing you got to do was any indication. You also developed a well regarded product best of luck in the next chapter
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ksong

Quote from: MarkT on July 22, 2023, 05:14:48 AMSorry to hear this, who, if anyone, will be the distributor in the US?
the ladies continue to work at jignpop.

MarkT

You're retiring but jignpop goes on?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ksong

Quote from: MarkT on July 22, 2023, 05:24:37 AMa
Quote from: MarkT on July 22, 2023, 05:24:37 AMYou're retiring but jignpop goes on?
Jignpop goes on. I am planning to introduce/develop another reputable and quality rods to the US/

happyhooker

Best wishes for future endeavors.

Frank

steelfish

good luck Sr. Song.

is the new company of fishing rods also jigging and SPJ rods?
The Baja Guy

ksong

my relationship with JS Company
When I heard about JS Company first, it was about 10 years ago. One famous Japanese angler told me he thinks the best quality rod maker in Korea is JS Company. i found JS and NS Black Hole are two major rod makers in Korea.
A few years ago, President Ko of JS Company contacted me at ICAST Show.  I told him I couldn't do any business with JS as I was involved with NS Black Hole then.  However I really wanted to introduce JS to American anglers.
As my relationship with NS Black Hole ended, I contacted President Ko of JS. He wholehearted welcome me.
I asked whether he wants to do business with me directly and he said yes.  But first day discussion was not smooth. I think he worries too many things in advance.  After meeting, I sent a message to him,  I don't want to get involved with JS as he is reluctant to do any business with me.  He called immediately  and asked me to visit JS one more time.
Apparently he considered many variables as a businessman. I am not a businessman. I am a type of guy believing gentleman's agreement by just shaking hands. 🙂
after understanding each other's stand,  The atmosphere became very amicable. He wanted me to open an office/shop as I did for Black Hole USA, I said no as I know my limit.  I told I help to introduce and develop rods for the US, but not involved in sales of rods directly.
I don't think I can make money, but I have an opportunity for developing rods for US market which I love.
I am brining a few JS rods and I am eager to test them as I never used JS rods before.
New chapter begun. 🙂

whalebreath

Quote from: ksong on July 27, 2023, 10:25:07 AMmy relationship with JS Company
  The atmosphere became very amicable. He wanted me to open an office/shop as I did for Black Hole USA, I said no as I know my limit.  I told I help to introduce and develop rods for the US, but not involved in sales of rods directly.
I don't think I can make money, but I have an opportunity for developing rods for US market which I love.
New chapter begun. 🙂

:d

Hardy Boy

Sounds really cool. I retire soon maybe I can help you bring them to Canada ..................... ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd