Carbon Fiber Parts: Update 3.5

Started by Clem, February 21, 2012, 05:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clem

Kia Ora all,

Called this one 3.5 as the part was not designed or made by me..

I have been following the development of Simon's reel (Tufftackle) and the various comments posted on a couple of sites. His CF grip caught my eye so I decided to give him a call and discuss a couple of things with him. He was interested in what I had done and was doing and sent me a couple of grips to look at and try. The grip is a straight CF tube design using a central alloy block to attach the shaft, the shaft uses a 2 bearing setup in the normal way. The shaft has similar dims to the JM, however I had to remove a little stock from the JM shaft (1.5-2mm) off the top as I didn't have a spacer and it fits like a glove.

The tube is approx 31mm in dia and 110mm in length, making it a bit bigger than most T-Bars, weight is a little less than the JM T-Bar setup.

Anyway a couple of pics below - still haven't finished my one but have finally finished the molded arm which a couple of mates are testing now..is a bit hard to see in the pic but looks quite good with the CF arm

redsetta

G'day Clem, loving your CF upgrade thread - top-quality hot-rodding.
Keep 'em coming!
Cheers mate, Justin
PS Looking forward to some 'field testing' reports (and photos).  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Clem

Hey Pal,

Loved those photo's of yours...got a Musandam trip on the 16/17/18th of Mar, so will get some pics up there...should get something decent over 3 days..

Have been fishing locally, weather is still good - had lots of Queens..1 or 2 kings etc...nothing I thought worth a photo though..that said will be out next week so will get a few pics of the local stuff..

Finally got my land based fishing licence...what a palava,,

The fishing out and around Dubai is actually very good..very few people fish on a rec basis..no doubt put off by the license requirements..anyway you can get a feed almost anywhere..the fish aren't too choosy either, I think this is due to them not being fed pillies for the last 20 years hahaha

Dominick

And Clem keeps making the reels lighter...great job.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.