Fools Gold

Started by Maxed Out, March 19, 2023, 12:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finest Kind

I saw this reel on E-Bay. I took notice because South Bay Auctions is here on LI near where I live. A very reputable auction house that specializes in sporting collectables. However, the seller and the listing defy credibility. I have heard of Lionel train collectors who have the trains in sealed boxes x-rayed to verify the contents since even breaking the seal decreases the value.But that's not the case here. Caveat emptor.
John

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 01, 2023, 08:42:29 PMI bit the bullet and bought the reel.  It is perfect, exactly as advertised, except that the left side plate is unusual.  It is the only Squidder that I have seen with no graphics on the left side plate.  Instead, the name "Martha Henze Egly" is professionally engraved and filled with gold leaf, as you can see in the photo below.  There is also a 1950s era Christmas card inscribed to Martha, and signed by Otto Henze.  I think that this one is a keeper.
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 02, 2023, 01:03:12 AMWhat's the date today?
:(    AH man .  You let the cat out of the bag to early .   I thought you would have had a picture loading problem for at least 2 days .   You could have had a good  :fish  :fish  :fish  :fish  :fish
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shellbelly

OK!  I'm gonna get up off the floor and go fishing.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Gfish

Good job with the description; gold leaf lettering and '50's era Christmas card from Otto. That sealed the deal for me believing it. GOOD ONE!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Hytekrednek

with money involved, and no proof other than what seller says.... no way Jose! I'm laughing as I turn, walk away, and make sure my wallet is still secure in my pocket.