Tekota 600HGA and TR200-G - Leadcore Capacities?

Started by EL JEFE, December 13, 2022, 02:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

if you would rather update the triton, you can go with greased carbon fiber drag washers, sub out all the bushings for bearings, and upgrade the handle to a longer stainless steel arm and a 3/0 grip.  all things are possible!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

I may still have the Charter Special with the aftermarket machined aluminum frame

No level wind
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

EL JEFE

Quote from: alantani on February 04, 2023, 10:09:40 PMif you would rather update the triton, you can go with greased carbon fiber drag washers, sub out all the bushings for bearings, and upgrade the handle to a longer stainless steel arm and a 3/0 grip.  all things are possible!

Thanks for the rec.  what would all of those parts cost?  It's a $100 reel so I want to be sure it's worth the upgrades or go with a different reel.

alantani

more than the cost of the reel.  you can pick up a used TR100G or TR200G for $50 on ebay.  a drag set is $10, bearings are $5 each and a handle is $45. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

EL JEFE

Adding to the possibilities for my use...

What about the Shimano Calcutta B CT700B?

OR

Old model Tekota TEK 700?

I also see some Calcutta 700 ISO reels for sale from Japan... about $200-$225 in very clean cond.  Don't know much about this reel.... Parts availability for needed repairs/service?

Ex.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225417021117?hash=item347be6c6bd:g:KZ4AAOSwACxj6LnO

handi2

The Penn international 975LD I think is a better reel than the Shimano shown.

The Calcutta gets much higher drag but the freespool button is hard to keep working right.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

EL JEFE

Thanks for the heads up on the Shimano freespool button on this model.  I'll check the line capacity of the Penn 975 to see if it would work with the leadcore.

EL JEFE

edit