Main Menu

Sportsmen

Started by foakes, March 28, 2023, 04:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

As usual, a mere slap on the wrist is all they'll end up getting. Our justice system leaves a lot to be desired nowadays.  :(
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Rancanfish

Can you imagine how it is for their kids to find out Dad's a cheater and a thief?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

nelz

They lost the boat and now have a felony record, not exactly a slap on the wrist.  ::)

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Rancanfish on March 28, 2023, 05:58:50 PMCan you imagine how it is for their kids to find out Dad's a cheater and a thief?
Depends how they raised them. Cheaters are often raised by cheaters. Some don't differentiate at all between legit and ill-gotten winnings.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Swami805

Hopefully they'll revoke their fishing privileges too. Add some fines, community service
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Guys that do what they did don't care.  They will cheat their way through life.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Make them break their rods, reels and smash their boats and motors. Then ban them from fishing tournaments for life.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Quote from: Rancanfish on March 28, 2023, 05:58:50 PMCan you imagine how it is for their kids to find out Dad's a cheater and a thief?

They most likely are teaching their kids how to "win" like daddy.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shellbelly

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 28, 2023, 06:27:45 PMCheaters are often raised by cheaters.
I was raised in a rural area.  Poaching was frequent.  When one young man was caught, my dad commented that it runs in that family.  In high school, there was a group of guys who trespassed and poached regularly and bragged about it.  One was eventually caught and convicted for cattle rustling.  Pretty bold.  These guys would take ducks, geese, dove, quail, deer, fish from stock tanks, furbearers...anything.  One of them was generational and recruited some followers. 

Today, they all live marginally.  Each one has either been in jail or fined for stupid stuff.  They can't afford to pay attention. 

When I moved to central TX, poaching deer was common.  Many poachers were known locally.  TPWD used mechanical deer decoys to catch road hunters.  It's effective.  As a hunter, I can't imagine being so stupid as to shoot deer from a car on a public road.  Then they have to cross a barbed wire fence and drag it out.  For 150, you can day hunt, get a doe, and possibly all the pigs you can handle.  Going to the dark side for any kind of game just doesn't make sense.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

foakes

I think that this is a little different from poaching, Brian.

This is outright stealing from their fellow fishing competitors.

However you are right —- and so is Dominick...

These types of folks are on a different level from honest folks with a conscience —- and who know right from wrong.

There is more coming their way —- they just don't know it yet.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

dlrider

Quote from: Keta on March 28, 2023, 08:10:56 PMMake them break their rods, reels and smash their boats and motors. Then ban them from fishing tournaments for life.

Whaaaattt?  NO!  I'll take them.  Likely they had the money to buy better equipment than I have.

Keta

It hurts worse when you make them do it.

Mark Twain