Cortez Conversions Bling Thread

Started by Maxed Out, March 21, 2023, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

steelfish

you're cheating, on a Cortez conversion bling thread, Mr. Cortez Conversion himself is not allowed to participate !!  >:(  >:(

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on March 23, 2023, 03:26:23 PMHere's my contribution to the thread:
I'm heading down to Baja for some much needed R&R and needed something new.....

Edit: Here's the build list:
Cortez Conversions:
Orange JigMaster Plate Kit
Orange 99 width Base, clamp, and cross bars
3.5" Handle Arm
3/0 size acrylic grip, Tye Dye color
Stainless steel gear sleeve

Ultimate Upgrades:
5 stack drag kit

Penn:
stock gear set and internals

Tiburon:
99 width spool

oof course Im joking, AWESOME reel you build there Tom, just amazing
The Baja Guy

Swami805

That Orange really pops on many levels nice reel!!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Ok Tom, I have to chime in here and ask when will those colored spacer bars be available to us regular folks ?? I'll take couple sets of each color and width (501,99,500). Please send me an invoice

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable trip.   :fish

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

xjchad

WOW Tom!!!  8)  8)  8)
Orange is my favorite color, and that is my new favorite reel!! Just beautiful!
You just took it to a whole new level!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Maxed Out on March 23, 2023, 08:07:42 PMOk Tom, I have to chime in here and ask when will those colored spacer bars be available to us regular folks ?? I'll take couple sets of each color and width (501,99,500). Please send me an invoice

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable trip.   :fish

I didn't drop in to hijack your thread with a sales pitch Ted!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

JasonGotaProblem

Of all the really cool stuff Keith passed on to me, this one's probably my favorite. Some of you may recognize some of these components.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Swami805

Like that color blue. The arm and star are from motive fab,the knob looks like striper Lou's work

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Swami805 on March 24, 2023, 02:55:44 AMLike that color blue. The arm and star are from motive fab,the knob looks like striper Lou's work
I'm told the knob was from Sal. But all I have to go on is what Keith told me. 99 jigmaster
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Swami805

Yeah Sal made a few, I'm sure Kieth is correct, wasn't much he didn't make

mo65

The CC reels I've built don't have a lot of bling...but they were built for catfishing...which can be tough on bling. The blue 146 is mine, and the silver one is my brother's reel. They both have steel mains and 5-stack drag kits. The green extra narrow Jiggy has CC plates...and it has all the goodies under the hood. 8)   
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

1badf350

Quote from: xjchad on March 23, 2023, 08:41:41 PMWOW Tom!!!  8)  8)  8)
Orange is my favorite color, and that is my new favorite reel!! Just beautiful!
You just took it to a whole new level!
I agree 100%! I now need an orange 16/0 in my life!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

xjchad

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 24, 2023, 01:33:54 PMI agree 100%! I now need an orange 16/0 in my life!

That would be out of this world!

Tom, any chance the Squidder kits will be available in orange?
I'd love to build one of your customs, but the larger ones are too big for fishing up here in north Idaho.  A sqidder would be great though!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Rancanfish

Wow Mo that green and silver really pops.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

El Pescador

Quote from: xjchad on March 24, 2023, 02:49:58 PMTom, any chance the Squidder kits will be available in orange?
I'd love to build one of your customs, but the larger ones are too big for fishing up here in north Idaho. 

Chad!!!!

You just need to head more NORTH in North Idaho to Bonner's Ferry - about 1 1/2 hours north of you & fish the Kootenai River for White Sturgeon!!!  And for that a Penn 113H all blinged out would work great.

And this summer, when things warm up a bit, take your kids to Silverwood Theme park just north of Corbin Junction - a huge amusement park your children will love.

A mile north of Silverwood is the town of Athol, ID.  When last there, I texted Dominick and Gary to say "I'm in Athol today, and thinking well of them  >:D "

And on your way to Bonner's Ferry, check Sandpoint on the north coast of Lake Pend Oreille.  Plenty of ice cream shops for your kids to stop and enjoy.

LOTS of big fish fishing in your area, just need to look for them.

Good luck,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!