Cortez Conversions Bling Thread

Started by Maxed Out, March 21, 2023, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Quote from: El Pescador on March 24, 2023, 05:52:39 PMChad!!!!

You just need to head more NORTH in North Idaho to Bonner's Ferry - about 1 1/2 hours north of you & fish the Kootenai River for White Sturgeon!!!  And for that a Penn 113H all blinged out would work great.

And this summer, when things warm up a bit, take your kids to Silverwood Theme park just north of Corbin Junction - a huge amusement park your children will love.

A mile north of Silverwood is the town of Athol, ID.  When last there, I texted Dominick and Gary to say "I'm in Athol today, and thinking well of them  >:D "

And on your way to Bonner's Ferry, check Sandpoint on the north coast of Lake Pend Oreille.  Plenty of ice cream shops for your kids to stop and enjoy.

LOTS of big fish fishing in your area, just need to look for them.

Good luck,

Wayne

Wayne!!!

I haven't been up to the Kootenai river yet, but I do plan on targeting sturgeon one of these days! 

All the other places you've mentioned we have been to and thoroughly enjoyed!

I know there are some big fish around.  In fact, the state record for pike was just broken this week.  But it's hard to call any of these fish big after landing 8 foot + sevengills on the beach. 

I do plan on going after pike and sturgeon eventually.  Hopefully this spring/summer!
Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!  :D 
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Gfish

Tops on my list of Tom's products is the side-plate/frame kit's. Here's the 99 Jiggy I already posted, featuring my 2nd favorite C.C. Product; the finger adjustable tail-plate bearing cup. More of these, please, Tom!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 24, 2023, 01:07:45 AMOf all the really cool stuff Keith passed on to me, this one's probably my favorite. Some of you may recognize some of these components.
That is a serious piece of fishing art right there, and to top it off it's blue!
Ooooohh man and that handle, just gorgeous!
Very, very nice my friend!
I can only hope and wish, to one day have, anything close to some of these absolutely beautiful reels, just absolutely beautiful!
I thought I saw some nice reels, until I joined the community here, wow!!!

EA

EA

Maxed Out

Thanks to everyone for posting a few of their Cortez gems. Also special shout out to Randy Pauly for all the unique Tiburon goodies he has blessed us with.

I probably have a dozen or more with Tom & Randy's custom components. Here are a couple I dug out from storage. My albacore killing black beast 99 jigmaster, and the silver bullet 113h yts.

Stay thirsty my friends !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for starting this post Ted, and for all of your creations. Your shift levers, bases, bars, handles and everything else have added a whole dimension to our Penn reel collections.

Thanks especially for all of your support and generosity over the years. 

Maxed Out

....and my private stash of Tom & Randy Candy....

Gfish

The paper under your reels looks like something I've done with index cards. Keeping track of upgrade details, especially those done internally. After so many reels, I lose track...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

You nailed it G

They are hangtags from a local office supply. You can see the string on every reel. That way the info stays with each reel.

Maxed Out

Standard width 113h with 4/1 gear set, steel sleeve,yoke,jack and dd bridge

54bullseye

Nice batch of reels there Ted !!!! Is that what you catch that DELICIOUS Albacore with ?? Dam that stuff is good !   Thanks Ted !     John Taylor

thorhammer

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 24, 2023, 03:47:08 AM
Quote from: Swami805 on March 24, 2023, 02:55:44 AMLike that color blue. The arm and star are from motive fab,the knob looks like striper Lou's work
I'm told the knob was from Sal. But all I have to go on is what Keith told me. 99 jigmaster

That's a Sal knob.

vilters

i'm a big fan of Tom's and Ted's products. 4/0 and narrow 500 compliments of Ted, thanks!!! 3/0 XN from Keith, and am embarrassed to say i did not know he was ill, wishing the best for you Keith.

Rancanfish

That's some nice work vilters. Black and burgundy looking mean.  :d
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

ExcessiveAngler

Darn where is the like button?
Or do you just have to comment on everything you like lol!
You guys with the blue beauties are literally driving me nuts!
Some really beautiful reels here!