Upside down logo

Started by Maxed Out, April 04, 2023, 03:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I've seen tilted Penn logo's, and sideways logo's, but this one is exactly perfectly upside down
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

xjchad

That's cool!  8)
Ted, I don't know how you find these things!? 
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Cuttyhunker

Probably from the Australian Penn factory
Doomed from childhood

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Shellbelly

Is it plausible that there were "factory seconds" that were distributed at reduced prices?  I don't know, but there would seem to be a "marked" box or receipt showing up somewhere if that was the case.  Maybe they were sold straight from the factory to locals.

These are perplexing. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Cuttyhunker

If inspectors missed it (likely) probably just went out in normal channels. No effect on function.  My 54 Mitchell 301 has upside down lettering as they all did then, when the RH cover was just flipped to fit the lefty reel.  Later changed to be right side up lettering.
Doomed from childhood

Surfrat

When I used to work in the factories, I often saw women and men drinking alcohol or overdosed on coffee. Their parts sometime were found and got rejected. 6 screw holes when it was supposed to have 5. :P That could a beautiful display reel.  ::)

UKChris1

Logo is fine. It's the reel that's on upside down  ;)

Porthos

Get a normal plate to replace that one. Clean up the "anomalous" one, and put it on display.