O.C. 205?

Started by Shellbelly, April 04, 2023, 11:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

I believe this could be a 205.  The closest thing I could find was a 205W, which is the FarKast option.
The 205W specs show a 150 yd reel with a 1-13/16" spool and 3-1/4" plates.  This reel meets those dimensions and has the Chelsea label, just no FarKast device (or label). The inside of the clicker side cover appears to be ready to accept the option, but the rings aren't notched.

Shown behind it for scale is a 109, which is the same width.  I like the combination of narrow, small size, and direct drive.  It's a neat-looking little reel.

The insides are typical OC, except for the strange click tongue.  Looks like a homemade repair.  You can tell by the cuts where he rotated the metal in the vise.  Kinda cool.  The reel shows wear, but not abuse and the spool is in good shape.  Very likely it didn't see salt water.

The frame has hidden screws.  These reels are "side sensitive".  Be sure to arrange the frame parts by L/R when disassembling or the gear side will not be oriented correctly when going back together.  How do I know this?

If anyone knows if this reel has a different model #, please let me know.

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

oldmanjoe

That`s a 205  knuckle buster .    I like the new and improved click gear , two cogger must be to take place of the dog !!   Nice find .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shellbelly

Thanks, Joe.  Looks like you and I are the lone OC enthusiasts.

This handle knob is starting to split.  Super glue time, I assume?
Quote from: oldmanjoe on April 06, 2023, 01:45:22 AMtwo cogger

Yep, twice as loud.  Maybe the fisherman was hard of hearing.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

oldmanjoe

I have a few handle that started to split .   If they are a little hard to turn than i split them all the way , so i can clean them out easier .   I use ca super glue to put them back together again .
             :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
My Grand Fathers and my uncles made sure that little Joey had Ocean city`s  and Dam Quick`s !!!    Anything else was just string holders .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare