Cortez Conversions JigMaster Reel Kits

Started by Cortez_Conversions, April 05, 2023, 04:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

I originally posted this on another thread, but here's the official thread for my new JigMaster based reel kits!

Here's the build list:
Cortez Conversions:
Orange JigMaster Plate Kit
Orange 99 width Base, clamp, and cross bars
3.5" Handle Arm
3/0 size acrylic grip, Tye Dye color
98-505 Stainless steel gear sleeve

Ultimate Upgrades:
5 stack drag kit

Penn:
stock gear set and internals

Tiburon:
99 width spool 

Line:
#65 JB Line One Orange Solid core Braid
#40 Seaguar Gold label fluorocarbon leader

I'm not sure how many or what configurations I'll make. I'll probably build to order for the most part.
These will come in several colors and widths, with some color combinations.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Rocket Dog

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Ron Jones

The albacore special of albacore specials!
For the Washington boats that still want mono, this is a dream.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Swami805

That is sweet, any thoughts on maybe some multi color anodizing like a dorado pattern? I'd imagine that would be next level pain in the hiney
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Swami805 on April 06, 2023, 05:22:47 AMThat is sweet, any thoughts on maybe some multi color anodizing like a dorado pattern? I'd imagine that would be next level pain in the hiney
Seems more practical for a knob. Not sure how one would anodize in multiple colors unless you use a wax or oil or something to block some areas in the first soak, then clean and re-soak in a different color. But yeah probably a major pain if even possible.

Orange doesn't make my top 5 list for colors personally, but i gotta admit it looks excellent. That thing paired with a blue rod would be a great gift for a UF fan.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

thorhammer

Next level! Dang it Tom, I thought I was done building jiggys since you're out of Classic chassis, but I do have a couple of Tib frames that only need your new style plates :)

El Pescador

Quote from: Swami805 on April 06, 2023, 05:22:47 AMThat is sweet, any thoughts on maybe some multi-color anodizing like a Dorado pattern?

DORADO????

WHO SAID DORADO???    Swami!!!  Great idea :al

The color artistry changes for each Dorado caught are amazing.

Tom, Please note the Baja Special in my photo was PRE...  Cortez Conversions Bridge Assembly & NOW your new Side Plates.  The Handle Blade does have the original Dominick Drill Pecker run marks as he attempted to remove the orginal handle and repalce it with Alan's 5/0 special.  All unique parts for sure!!!!!!

I VOTE for a Dorado Pattern 8)

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Swami805

Not sure how it's done but it's possible
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Swami805 on April 06, 2023, 05:19:37 PMNot sure how it's done but it's possible
foot enthusiastically in mouth. My guess is they only submerged half at a time. That's awesome either way.

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: Swami805 on April 06, 2023, 05:19:37 PMNot sure how it's done but it's possible
Very nice!
And it looks like they had help dipping them from the Easter Bunny too lol!

Gfish

Them Mahi's change color when attacking and when hooked. Now that would be something on a knob or reel.
Great pictures Tom.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

El Pescador

NOT only in the Conventional Reel Market are Color Patterns are available, but here Abel Fly Reels have a great-looking Fly Reel in the DORADO Colors!!!!  I know... Impressive!!!!  SO IS THE PRIC$E!!!!!

And here are the color selections available.  For a PRICE, everything is available. :cf

The SKY is the Limit ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

JasonGotaProblem

Heck for that price I'll personally spray paint one for you.

foakes

Quote from: El Pescador on April 06, 2023, 09:33:11 PMNOT only in the Conventional Reel Market are Color Patterns are available, but here Alel Fly Reels have a great-looking Fly Reel in the DORADO Colors!!!!  I know... Impressive!!!!  SO IS THE PRIC$E!!!!!
Wayne

Those  are certainly cool and pretty, Wayne —-

There are certain phrases/words in the English language —-

That when applied to any product —- will instantly quadruple the price —- they are:

Aviation

Nautical

Made to U.S. Government Specifications

And...Fly-Fishing!

Best Always,

Fred. 😄😄😄

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.