Saving Penn Catalogs

Started by Shellbelly, April 30, 2023, 10:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

Many of us have so many catalogs.  Multiple duplicate copies....especially the #30 to #40 editions.  Some aren't in good shape but you can't toss 'em, right?  I took some of mine and vac-sealed them...like fish filets.  It presses them into a stiff and tight envelope so you can store them and move them without worrying about further damage.  I suppose you could hole-punch the unsealed edge and put these in a binder.  They shouldn't degrade any further after this.

Just flatten them as best you can before sealing.  Straighten any dog-eared pages.  Place a book or something against the edge of the machine under the bag so it won't drape down from the edge of the sealer and cause it to bend.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but my light bulb just came on.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Bill B

Hmmmm...great idea!  Thx, Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shellbelly

Forgot to mention I did the same with Penn wrapping paper.  Folded it as best I could since it was so wrinkly.  You can get a bunch of sheets in one pkg.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)