Accurate SR 30 limited edition

Started by seruga, July 14, 2023, 02:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seruga

I have 6 accurate SR 30 limited edition reels. Accurate had always serviced these reels for me. I have not been in contact with them for a while as the reels did not need service. I now have a need to service a few of them. I called accurate this week and learned that they no longer service spinning reels and they no longer stock parts for this model. I opened one up the other day and I believe I can service these myself. the schematic is still available and there are other online resources to help if I run into trouble. Access to parts is a problem. I need a few parts and a quick search was not of much help. Does anyone have a source that might still be supplying parts for this model.

steelfish

Quote from: seruga on July 14, 2023, 02:15:33 AM...... I called accurate this week and learned that they no longer service spinning reels and they no longer stock parts for this model..

auuch, and guys talk bad about Shimano  ::)  ::)

sorry I cannot offer any help for this model but just to know, what parts do you need for the reel?
The Baja Guy

seruga

The reel that is pictured needs what accurate calls a hood handle side cover. It's intended purpose is not unlike the  bearing cover on many of the penn spinners. That particular part number is S-3036. This part is compatible with the SR 50.

the other items needed are mostly rubber washers and o rings. The good news is that many of those items are compatible with the SR 12,20,30,30L and 50. One seller on ebay has a few items but his supply is limited.

The reel has countless small screws, washers, shims and o rings. There is even a very tiny o ring on the spool shaft pin that the spool rests on. That o ring can't be much more than 1mm in diameter. If you are not 100% focused when you disassemble the reel then parts can get easily lost or broken. Some reels can be serviced with one eye closed. Not this one!

This is a well made reel, fun to work on, and an incredible fishing machine, but it requires a lot of patience and a keen watchful eye. A steady hand is also helpful. 

thank you for our reply,

Chris

Maybe We Can Fix It

Hello.

I am Scott, I work for Accurate and independently take care of service for the Accurate SR reels.

Accurate gave me the remaining supply of SR parts, some are no longer available and limited availability on others, very few custom color parts remain.

Feel free to send me a message if you need any parts or would like me to service any reels for you.

Thanks, Scott.
"Maybe We Can Fix It" Reel Repair
Scott Rodriguez
Owner/Operator
Factory Trained Technician

maybewecanfixit@gmail.com

Instagram: @maybewecanfixit_reelrepair

Website Coming Soon!!

steelfish

Quote from: Maybe We Can Fix It on August 16, 2023, 05:29:29 PMHello.

I am Scott, I work for Accurate and independently take care of service for the Accurate SR reels.

Accurate gave me the remaining supply of SR parts, some are no longer available and limited availability on others, very few custom color parts remain.

Feel free to send me a message if you need any parts or would like me to service any reels for you.

Thanks, Scott.

long time no see Scott

still working for okuma?
The Baja Guy

Maybe We Can Fix It

I know! Three kids ages 3-10 have been keeping me busy!!! Always telling myself I will be more active on the site.

I am working at Accurate in Corona, been with them for two years, along with my reel services.

Accurate allowed me to take over the Twin Spin SR Service as an authorized repair center for Accurate.

If you need any parts in the future let me know.

-Scott
"Maybe We Can Fix It" Reel Repair
Scott Rodriguez
Owner/Operator
Factory Trained Technician

maybewecanfixit@gmail.com

Instagram: @maybewecanfixit_reelrepair

Website Coming Soon!!

steelfish

Quote from: Maybe We Can Fix It on August 16, 2023, 07:10:23 PMI know! Three kids ages 3-10 have been keeping me busy!!!

kids from 3-10 are the devil hahaha j/k but yep, thats the age were they keep you busy, mm then on college they will make your wallet thinner  ;D

Quote from: Maybe We Can Fix It on August 16, 2023, 07:10:23 PMI am working at Accurate in Corona, been with them for two years, along with my reel services.
Accurate allowed me to take over the Twin Spin SR Service as an authorized repair center for Accurate.
If you need any parts in the future let me know.
-Scott

nice to know, I will remember that
thanks Scott
The Baja Guy