Help ! Im having problems with my power wrapper

Started by steelfish, June 27, 2023, 08:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well since I started on rod building with my manual DIY wrapper I had problems with it, few years later I switched that manual wrapper to a power wrapper and still having problems when trying to wrap a rod. help I seached on the manual for troubleshooting but no avail 

The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

Nothing worse than cat hair on wet flex coat !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on June 27, 2023, 09:13:17 PMNothing worse than cat hair on wet flex coat !!

Cheers:

Todd

A fly is worst  :P

Good thing my dryer is localed in another room
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Keta

Take up flytying, your problem child can contribute dubbing material.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on June 27, 2023, 09:21:42 PMAlex that is a great looking cat ! Jeff

thanks, its a street recued cat.

it as a small 3 months old kitten when we took it from the streets, we dont know what breed is this cat but it grew and grew and grew.

in one of the pics you can see how bigger is compared to the other adult cats we have
The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on June 27, 2023, 10:04:30 PMTake up flytying, your problem child can contribute dubbing material.

I wish I had the time to go into flytying, there was a time when I felt attracted to flytying and bough a kit of different furs, feathers, etc from different animals, rabbit, bear, moose, deer, etc
but then rod building bug bit me hard..

I dont recall if I sold all that already or if the box with all those furs are somewhere in the house  :P
The Baja Guy

Mjg378

If you do find the fly tying material, the power wrapper problem might have a fix available.    Attach fly tying material to spare fishing rod/reel line when power wrapper problem presents. Lob fly tying material some distance away from rod being worked on.  Let us know if that helps your power wrapping trouble.   😁
Mike

steelfish

Quote from: Mjg378 on June 28, 2023, 02:44:39 PMIf you do find the fly tying material, the power wrapper problem might have a fix available.    Attach fly tying material to spare fishing rod/reel line when power wrapper problem presents. Lob fly tying material some distance away from rod being worked on.  Let us know if that helps your power wrapping trouble.   😁
Mike

hmm hey amigo, you have something here, good call.

The Baja Guy

Cor

Quote from: Mjg378 on June 28, 2023, 02:44:39 PMIf you do find the fly tying material, the power wrapper problem might have a fix available.    Attach fly tying material to spare fishing rod/reel line when power wrapper problem presents. Lob fly tying material some distance away from rod being worked on.  Let us know if that helps your power wrapping trouble.   😁
Mike
:)  ;D Great minds think alike!  I was going to say precisely that.
Cornelis

JasonGotaProblem

My trick was to attach a laser pointer to a ceiling fan pull string, then tape a quarter oz lead weight to one of the fan blades.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

ExcessiveAngler

I have a really easy fix for this lol!
Send that rod wrapper to me, then the couch lion, won't be able to bother it anymore!
Problem solved lol, no wrapper no more lion problems lol!
Buuuut, why I have a rod builder on the horn, you wouldn't happen to have an extra spool of old Gudebrod Almond # 5424, laying around, you would like to sell, would you?
They used this color thread on the old Lamiglas Ron Arra Surf Pro Rods!
I have a few of these rods, I need to repair a few guides and want to upgrade some of them as well!
Have a Lotta mojo on them, and would like them to look properly repaired!
No lie, that is one big a_s cat brother lol

steelfish

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on June 28, 2023, 07:05:52 PM....... you wouldn't happen to have an extra spool of old Gudebrod Almond # 5424, laying around, you would like to sell, would you?

let me check on the box of spools, I dont have many gudebrod spools but I will check anyway and let you know.
I have heard a lot of good things about those Ron Arra surf rods, too bad this beaches have not much surf fishing activity for heavy surf rods, before I started on rod building I bought a 12.6ft rainshadow rod 12 years ago but after two seasons I switched for some salmon rods, the fish on our beaches are just corvinas, croakers, triggerfish and few other no bigger or heavier than 4-5#, but 6hrs south you have better chances for bigger fish from the shore

I would send you the wrapper but the cat love it  ;)
The Baja Guy

ExcessiveAngler

I would send you the wrapper but the cat love it  ;)
[/quote]
It was worth a try lol!
I really appreciate you taking a look for me, brother!
Just afraid I won't be able to match up the colors, with a different style thread!
Just afraid I won't be able to match up the colors with a different style thread.
 I haven't really been doing this that long, at all! I know the thread tends to get darker, after the cp and epoxy though!
Again, thank you and sorry for hijacking your "power wrapper thread"