Main Menu

Easy Redfish

Started by Shellbelly, May 08, 2023, 02:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

Start with a nice slot red, around 27" or so.  Remove bones with your favorite tools.  The Wife comes by while you're working and says, "I want that for supper."  I wear stripes, not stars so here we go.

Using the following powders:  Chile, garlic, onion, curry.  Follow with a little salt and black pepper.  Spritz with aerosol olive oil and sprinkle taco seasoning on the moistened filet.  Throw on some lemon slices and garlic cloves.  Bake uncovered at 400 until it's 135 degrees.  Pull the lemon and garlic cloves to the side.  Cover the tail end, 2-3", with foil.  Broil at 500 to reach 145 degrees. Remove from the oven and let it rest for a minute or two.

She wanted hers on the plate and I wanted a toasty sandwich.  Baked beans, potato salad, iced tea and we're stuffed.  I indulged in a RARE shot of Wellers 107 afterward.

Put some of the leftovers aside for lunch tomorrow and the rest goes to our neighbor, 93, who loves only two kinds of fish....hot and cold.

From cooler to plate was about 2 hours.   
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)