Hi all! This is me...

Started by TheCoachZed, May 09, 2023, 09:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCoachZed

Hi guys (and gals?)

I'm a middle aged dad based on east coast of Canada. I've been fishing my whole life, but never really used a rod and reel until I was in my mid 20s. When I was a kid, I fished with my family, who were traditional deep sea fishermen using handlines. Now, I target trout and bass in particular, and stripers from shore sometimes, instead of offshore fishing.

Got into spinner fishing with some used gear (discovered my favorite rod/reel combo in bottom of a rapids, after I tipped my canoe...). Then tried to buy some better equipment as I ventured farther afield (Labrador). After a couple of junky modern Penn reels, started looking for better-made vintage stuff. My first fly reel was a NIB Dam Quick 45, and I have been very happy with it.

Joining here for some knowledge to repair/maintain/acquire stuff of that vintage.

JasonGotaProblem

I think you've found the right place. Welcome! As you get settled in I'm beyond certain I'm nit the only one who wants to hear more about the traditional deep sea fishing with hand lines.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,,,:)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Brewcrafter

Welcome for the SoCal Inland Empire - john

Donnyboat

Nice to have you with us, all very good helpful fisho`s here, welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Hardy Boy

Cheers from the West Coast of Canada.

Todd
Todd

Bill B

Good to have you here.  Bill, SoCal Mountains
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

Greetings, Coach, from Minnesota USA.

Frank

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

ExcessiveAngler

Welcome, even though I'm quite new myself!
Good ole' Atlantic City,New Jersey USA
I have a buddy that I talk fishing with, that lives in Manitoba Canada!
Amazing, how different it is from one place to another though!
They take their fishing very, very serious in Canada, and the health of their fisheries as well, plus it's a huge part of their tourism industry!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!