Hello From Florida

Started by tarawa, May 16, 2023, 06:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarawa

Hello
Checking in from South Florida.  Mostly working on my vintage fishing reels.  Shakespeare 2052s seem to be multipying here😊

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JasonGotaProblem

Welcome from southwest Florida!
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hardy Boy

Todd

Donnyboat

Hi Tarawa, I find even the latest small Shakespeare reels have very good drags set ups, do you have any other reels, are you fishing salt water or fresh, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

tarawa

Quote from: Donnyboat on May 16, 2023, 10:35:52 PMHi Tarawa, I find even the latest small Shakespeare reels have very good drags set ups, do you have any other reels, are you fishing salt water or fresh, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
I know that they (reels) are merely tools, but to me the Shakespeare reels are works of art. They are actually beautiful to look at and fish with.  I fish both fresh and salt water.  I lean towards fly fishing and got my first semi vintage fly reel.  It is a Fin Nor anti-reverse. I will take a picture of s few of my Shakespeares.  From ultra light to surf casting.

Bill B

Good to have you here, Bill, SoCal mountains
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Midway Tommy

Welcome from Nebraska. Nice to see another vintage spinning reel guy join ship. The USA made Shakespeare spinners are well made, high quality reels! Parts can be a little hard to come by, though.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Brewcrafter

Welcome Tarawa from the SoCal Inland Empire. - john

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reeltyme

Welcome to one of the best groups on the web! Stop in Crystal River Florida and we can talk reels! Anytime!