Daiwa spincast reel 9850A

Started by Donnyboat, June 30, 2023, 02:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi all, I have the above spinncast daiwa reel, that I cant find any info off it, also schematics would be handy, not sure how to remove the nose cap, whether it un screws or is the an internal clip that I have to activate with a probe, it could unscrew, But I dont want to place to much undue pressure on it, till I know more, it has a star drag, that is very tight maybe the thread is seized, this model, is a left hand wind reel. any help would be handy, thanks in advance, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz

Here you go, a schematic for ya:

https://www.reelschematic.com/wp-content/uploads/schematics/Daiwa/Spin%20Casting/DAIWA%20SPIN%20CASTING%209850A(74-24).pdf

Hard to tell, but I would guess it just unscrews. Perhaps a reverse thread? Just guessing here. Hope the schem helps.

Donnyboat

Thanks I went to this web sight, & it said access to this is forbiden, please forward it to the webmaster, not sure to follow it up or not, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz

Quote from: Donnyboat on June 30, 2023, 04:30:03 PMThanks I went to this web sight, & it said access to this is forbiden, please forward it to the webmaster, not sure to follow it up or not, cheers Don.

Try going to the home page first (www.reelschematic.com) then look for your model, they have it, I found it. If that fails, I'll see if I can send it to you via email. Let me know.

Donnyboat

Thanks Men, I got it to come up with your site Phil, all good, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat