Daiwa sl30sh Upgrades?

Started by ExcessiveAngler, June 04, 2023, 12:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcessiveAngler

Hopefully, maybe some of the gurus can help me here, as I can't find too much information about it!
Are there any frame upgrades for the Sealine, SL30SH series or the grand waves?
Also, was curious about Saltiga parts fitting in some of these as well?
Saw some stainless steel, Saltiga, gear sleeves, and also look very similar
I know most of the handles are  interchangeable, but not much more than that!
Also, curious about the spools as well, as I would like to mono mag, one or both of them!
I think the grandwave 30 has an aluminum spool, and the sl30sh has a graphite spool, if I'm not mistaken?
I also had a saltist 30H a while back and was curious because that looked very similar too, and did not really think about that, before I sold it?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks EA

MarkT

I recall Tiburon making frames for the SLSH reels the rotated the gear box forward.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: MarkT on June 04, 2023, 02:12:14 AMI recall Tiburon making frames for the SLSH reels the rotated the gear box forward.
They did used to make them, not anymore to my knowledge!
I saw a thread on any other site, the OP got 2 frames, sideplates bearings, all kinds of goodies back in 2012 for under $120 LMAO!
He actually got one of each, the sl20sh and the sl30sh, so there's some floating around somewhere, just maybe not for sale lol!
I went to their site and you can only purchase Penn and Newell parts!
I saw Tiburon bars on some 50 sized Daiwa's on another site and probably should've bought both of those reels, but didn't do it!
They just seemed a little too big for me!
And they went super cheap too!
I have a few reels that are sentimental I would like to upgrade them because they always catch me fish lol!
As soon as the rays and sharks show up, I put them away, I've had some reels get twisted and the spools rub the frames, especially using heavy braid!

day0ne

Quote from: MarkT on June 04, 2023, 02:12:14 AMI recall Tiburon making frames for the SLSH reels the rotated the gear box forward.

I believe that they were only made for the 50
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

jurelometer

Not available any more, but check out the threads on SoCal Fishing and Hunting frame kits for several of the SL**SH  and SL**SHV models. The folk that got them seem to like them.  Occasionally one will change hands around here.  I saw one or two on the auction site a few years back.  You will probably have to be patient.

There are a several threads on this kit, but here is one:

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10526.0

My apologies if you already know this, but you can't mag with a graphite spool. It has to be more conductive.  But graphite spools are so light, they often cast better as is (less mass = more distance AND less backlash), and no corrosion worries.

-J

SevenYearsDown

I have the accuframe for the 50, narrows it down.

Rush

I picked up SL20 with alum. frame and side plates a few years ago.  Not sure why they made them as the graphite OEM is pretty tough and light weight.  IMO