Heat Reflective Paint for black van roof

Started by Gobi King, July 03, 2023, 04:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gobi King

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 05, 2023, 10:00:17 PMUpgrade to mirror tint. Bam!
Mirrow tint is more heat reflective than others?
I have 5% limo tint in my stash, I gots to use it up.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gobi King

Quote from: foakes on July 05, 2023, 10:21:38 PMHi Gobi —-

Since you have a High-Top van with tinted windows already —- I assume it has a front A/C unit that also ducted to the rear passenger area?

Painting the roof will help slightly —- but this is a passive remedy that will likely not do much to reduce the heat inside your van.  Same with additional window tinting.

It is important to remember that there is a LOT of cubic foot area to cool down.

I would look into a 12 Volt rooftop mounted RV A/C unit that puts out around 6500 to 7000 BTU's.

Best, Fred

Fred,

My version of the Transit comes with dual factory a/c, heater,
the factory rear a/c is 32000 BTU.
So cooling it is not a problem in the rear.

The issue is that I am trying not to idle for the hour(s) the girls are out.
Right now, I have 700 hrs drive time and 350 hrs idle time.

I could install a venting fan in the rear but I want to avoid making any holes in the roof.

Those little a/c on the roof work great but won't be a good fit as I will have to cut my roof for this.

I am looking at  small upright a/c that I could vent through the front pass window, they run around $200 and you can buy em in ALDI.

I have 8kwatt Lithium Iron Phosphate battery bank right now, I plan on using it to heat/cool in future.
Fichigan

Gobi King

Quote from: funhog on July 06, 2023, 01:30:17 AMhow about a white "wrap " application?

This was my first choice, a regional director of a national wide wrap chain belongs to my sailing club and he discouraged me from getting a wrap, plus he said they don't last more than a few years [not my opinion]
Fichigan

JasonGotaProblem

A coworker installed a small solar panel on his roof, a battery, and a small ac unit. Keep in mind we're talking florida here. And je absolutely loves it. Battery stays charged he can run ac and watch tv etc off it. I'll ask him for links.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.