Hard choice

Started by JasonGotaProblem, August 22, 2023, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfram M

I'll have to start saving some extra cash then-port Canaveral is only an hour north of where I'm staying and the full-day trips leave at 8AM, that's not bad at all for the whole getting-up-and-on-the-boat time.

I'm used to getting up at 4AM and driving an hour to be on the dock at 5 to 5:30AM, to be on time for a 6AM leave time. (And also paying MUCH more than the rates on their website!)

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Wolfram M on September 10, 2023, 05:03:40 PMI'll have to start saving some extra cash then-port Canaveral is only an hour north of where I'm staying and the full-day trips leave at 8AM, that's not bad at all for the whole getting-up-and-on-the-boat time.

I'm used to getting up at 4AM and driving an hour to be on the dock at 5 to 5:30AM, to be on time for a 6AM leave time. (And also paying MUCH more than the rates on their website!)

Their rates are extremely reasonable. I assume it's driven by local competition. That also includes bait, rod n reel (for those who don't bring their own) and surprisingly good food. They also have no rules against braid, unlike a lot of party boats. But you don't book your spot on the rail ahead of time. It's first come first served the morning of. I got there at 715 and got a decent spot.

When are you going? And if you decide to go out on a Saturday I may be able to join you. I'll sell another reel to finance my trip if need be.

Also, My parents live in indialantic, FL. You're likely not far from there if you're headed a n hour south of the port.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

Rules against braid?????

Reserving your spot on the rail????

Unheard of here!
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

steelfish

well amigo, that snapper looks 3x better than some of my "best of the day" fish.
I was using a MH musky rod with an unstoppable calcutta 400TE and that was the best fish for me for the entire trip.   ^-^  ^-^

cool story about you being the one giving advices to the next guy on your trip
The Baja Guy

Wolfram M

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 11, 2023, 01:50:11 PM
Quote from: Wolfram M on September 10, 2023, 05:03:40 PMI'll have to start saving some extra cash then-port Canaveral is only an hour north of where I'm staying and the full-day trips leave at 8AM, that's not bad at all for the whole getting-up-and-on-the-boat time.

Their rates are extremely reasonable. I assume it's driven by local competition. That also includes bait, rod n reel (for those who don't bring their own) and surprisingly good food. They also have no rules against braid, unlike a lot of party boats. But you don't book your spot on the rail ahead of time. It's first come first served the morning of. I got there at 715 and got a decent spot.

When are you going? And if you decide to go out on a Saturday I may be able to join you. I'll sell another reel to finance my trip if need be.

Also, My parents live in indialantic, FL. You're likely not far from there if you're headed a n hour south of the port.

I will be in the Vero Beach area from October 1 to October 8, and I am thinking I might go Wendsday and maybe Saturday, assuming that the others who are flying in and flying home aren't needing a ride to the airport on those days. I intend to know these things by saturday of this week, and I will DEFINITELY let you know if I can go Saturday the 7th.

I also plan to go down to Fort Pierce, to BoatBuilder Central and talk to them about some of their boat building plans. I own the set of plans they offer for the classic 19ft center console, and I am seriously considering the plans for the 23ft carolina sportfish style center console.

Only 27 more years till I can receive my retirement from the state, assuming I live that long. (I'm 36 now.)

Wolfram M

Jason, unfortunately I can't go on saturday-I have to deliver people to the airport that saturday. I did book for wendsday, though!

I'll let you all know how I do.

JasonGotaProblem

Bummer. Good luck on the other day though. I guess I'll just have to book another gulf trip now that red snapper season is apparently extended.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Wolfram M

Take advantage if and when you can, man. The only big perk to teaching-vacation time spread out through the year. So far, I have managed to hit the florida coast first week of october every year, and some years I can save enough money up to go in the spring as well. I'm going to save some extra money this summer and maybe 2025 I can go out for my first multi-day trip.

I gotta improve my workout regimen before I go for more than 12 hours though.

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on August 23, 2023, 02:08:10 AMFor sure my everol 12/20, my accurate 270 magnum, my spheros 4000 xgsw, and probably my fin nor lt100. I'm also considering building a 4/0 senator to take along. I've been talking about it for 4 months now.

Jason, I have something for you to help you and "push you" to get your hands busy and build that penn 4/0 senator, its not too big and can be upgraded till make it a tank as you already know.
The Baja Guy