Ambassadeur 7500C high speed

Started by weather_man, October 19, 2015, 06:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: weather_man on October 19, 2015, 06:03:35 PM
I'm  good now, I think I have all the reels I need.

yep.. good memories

why? I remember the day I said that to myself too... but each year I add few reels to my collection because I "need them"..
The Baja Guy

weather_man

Quote from: steelfish on October 22, 2015, 01:21:41 AM
Quote from: weather_man on October 19, 2015, 06:03:35 PM
I'm  good now, I think I have all the reels I need.

yep.. good memories

why? I remember the day I said that to myself too... but each year I add few reels to my collection because I "need them"..

Yeah, I can see how that could happen. I don't know if I could resist another Ambassadeur or Penn if I happened on one at the swap meet. What I do need now are some rods.

thorhammer

Bhahhahahhah that's how it starts.  You're rid hunting and see another 7500 for $25 this time...you think you can say no, but then you rationalize that it's a good deal and someone else might need it. But you don't sell. You are now hunting two rods. :)

weather_man

Quote from: thorhammer on October 22, 2015, 12:25:36 PM
Bhahhahahhah that's how it starts.  You're rid hunting and see another 7500 for $25 this time...you think you can say no, but then you rationalize that it's a good deal and someone else might need it. But you don't sell. You are now hunting two rods. :)

That's funny man. I have been down that rabbit hole before.

Rancanfish

Super nice reel, I had the 7000 at one time.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

weather_man

Taking it out today and see if I can hook onto a bull red or something.

thorhammer

Quote from: weather_man on October 23, 2015, 06:09:25 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on October 22, 2015, 12:25:36 PM

That's funny man. I have been down that rabbit hole before.

I'm still down here in the hole stop by for a beer. :)

weather_man

Started cleaning my 7500 and everything was going smooth but I have two problems.
First, when I reinstall the handle; if I tighten it down, I can't move the drag.. Too loose and it has a lot of play. Any suggestions?

Second, both my bearings look like poop.

handi2

The bearing size should be 4x10x4. Pm me your address and I'll send you some ABEC7's. I should also have the Carbontex drag set too if you need it.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

weather_man

Quote from: handi2 on October 30, 2015, 12:05:53 AM
The bearing size should be 4x10x4. Pm me your address and I'll send you some ABEC7's. I should also have the Carbontex drag set too if you need it.

Keith

Wow! You guys are awesome on this forums!
I was able to clean the bearings for now but will need to be replaced.

Figured out my drag star/handle problem was I had the plastic sleeve upside down. That wasn't letting the drag go as far down as it needs to clear the shoulder.

exp2000

The 7500 is actually the high speed version of the old 7000 so much better for spinning pelagics.

Carbontex drag washers  always are a good improvement for ABUs.

Another nice touch I did on mine is replace the handle with one from the latest Chinese model.

Better feel and slightly more leverage.

Good buying.
~

borntofish

I picked up a 7500C on eBay. There is something a bit unusual about it. The gears won't engage unless I tighten up the spool tension enough to remove side play. Any ideas as to why this is occurring? Is it anything to worry about? It seems to work alright under fishing conditions.