DAM Quick 270 C from my Pop

Started by Crab Pot, November 07, 2023, 03:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Got home today to find a box on my desk from my Dad who lives in Florida.

Normally anything from him is historical gun or blade related, but he got me on this one because he does not fish.

Like New DQ 270 C with the owners manual.

I called him to ask about it, a buddy of his passed away who was a member of his Gun Club and his widow brought some of his stuff to sell. He got it for $20!

He also got some nice WWII 1911 bits and pieces. He's why I collect WWI/WWII stuff.

I can tell it's been mounted on a rod because it has a slight clip where it sat in the seat. Other than that it's MINT.

Bail works as it should and the reel functions perfectly.

------------------

Fred,

You wouldn't happen to have a box for this would you?

Or anything else that came ITB with it new?

Thanks,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

sandbar

ourford

Vic

foakes

One of the strongest HD spinning reels ever produced by any manufacturer.

Tough & capable.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

cool Dad, still giving gifts to his young boy !
The Baja Guy

foakes

Hi Steve —-

Since this was a gift from your Dad, and this is my 10,000th post —-

Here is a box, a small parts bag with (2) under-spool washers, a bail spring, a spring and bail bumper, plus a NOS spool of 12 lb. Gold Damyl line from D.A.M..

N/C, and I will cover the shipping.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

Somebody better play the lottery ...     Good on you Fred .   :d 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

boon

Fred, you are a gem, and this community is so lucky to have you as a part of it.

sandbar

Sweet gesture for post Number 10,000, Fred.
Thank You.

foakes

Quote from: boon on November 07, 2023, 09:14:41 PMFred, you are a gem, and this community is so lucky to have you as a part of it.

It is a two-way road —- we all help each other as we can.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Crab Pot

Quote from: foakes on November 07, 2023, 06:53:29 PMHi Steve —-

Since this was a gift from your Dad, and this is my 10,000th post —-

Here is a box, a small parts bag with (2) under-spool washers, a bail spring, a spring and bail bumper, plus a NOS spool of 12 lb. Gold Damyl line from D.A.M..

N/C, and I will cover the shipping.

Best, Fred

WHAT!!!!

Wow Fred (10,000th post on me, how lucky am I?) but I insist on a barter deal.

Maybe a loaf of Kelly's Pumkin Banana Bread, Cookies, Graden raised Pesto, my beef jerky, my first born?

All the above!

However I did order a Mitchell 302 and a DQ 550N bail kit from you so please let me know what I owe you, with shipping, and I'll get it to you!

Thank you!

Steve

And yes I will buy to lotto ticket tonight!
Buy it nice or buy it twice.