Roll Call.....Nov 11th Avenger full day trip

Started by pjstevko, November 02, 2023, 04:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

I'll be there, driving up in the morning. Going to stick with SPJ like the last on only heavier jigs this time. Looking forward to it, hope that forecast holds up
Do what you can with that you have where you are

pjstevko

Quote from: Swami805 on November 05, 2023, 03:14:55 AMI'll be there, driving up in the morning. Going to stick with SPJ like the last on only heavier jigs this time. Looking forward to it, hope that forecast holds up

Sheridan what jig sizes you bringing?

I packed 120g through 400g with most being between 200-300g

Swami805

I'm bringing 170 to 300gram hopefully that should be enough. As long as we're under 500' should be ok. I might grab a couple 400 gram jigs just in case
Do what you can with that you have where you are

pjstevko

Quote from: Swami805 on November 05, 2023, 05:05:16 AMI'm bringing 170 to 300gram hopefully that should be enough. As long as we're under 500' should be ok. I might grab a couple 400 gram jigs just in case
Thanks for the info. This will be my first time spj so I'm glad I packed the right sized jigs

pjstevko

Crab Pot

Quote from: pjstevko on November 02, 2023, 04:28:25 PMJust trying to get an idea of who's gonna be on the boat....Post up here and I'll update the list

Alan
Juan
Chief Ron Jones
Wayne
Randy
Mike
Sheridan
PJ plus 7 friends maybe up to 10

I'm going.  8)  ;)

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

jurelometer

No NWS marine forecast for Sat yet.  Have to wait another day or so.  Not great, but not frightening for Friday- out past 10 miles the forecast gets even more sporty.  Dunno how far out you guys go.  Here is Friday's NWS forecast as of this AM:

PZZ645-070615
Point Piedras Blancas to Point Sal westward out to 10 NM
909 AM PST Mon Nov 6 2023

FRI
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Combined seas 4 to 6 ft. Patchy fog.

-----------------
You can track here:

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS56.KLOX.html

If you are using the wind apps, it is better to look at the maps and not the tables so that you can see the full picture. The apps will display the forecast simulation data farther out into the future than the NWS forecast window. It has been my experience that the long range wind forecast on these apps is not very reliable for the places that I fish.

Hope y'all get some smooth seas!

-J

jurelometer

Quote from: jurelometer on November 06, 2023, 10:21:34 PMNo NWS marine forecast for Sat yet.  Have to wait another day or so.  Not great, but not frightening for Friday- out past 10 miles the forecast gets even more sporty.  Dunno how far out you guys go.  Here is Friday's NWS forecast as of this AM:

PZZ645-070615
909 AM PST Mon Nov 6 2023

FRI
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Combined seas 4 to 6 ft. Patchy fog.

-----------------
You can track here:

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS56.KLOX.html

If you are using the wind apps, it is better to look at the maps and not the tables so that you can see the full picture. The apps will display the forecast simulation data farther out into the future than the NWS forecast window. It has been my experience that the long range wind forecast on these apps is not very reliable for the places that I fish.

Hope y'all get some smooth seas!

-J

Forecast a bit better for Fri, and now includes Sat. Still a bit too soon to know for sure, and still more sporty past 10 miles.

PZZ645-080430
800 AM PST Tue Nov 7 2023

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TONIGHT

TODAY
NW winds 10 to 15 kt, becoming 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Combined seas 6 to 8 ft dominant period 14 seconds.

TONIGHT
NW winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the evening, becoming N 10 to 15 kt. Combined seas 8 to 9 ft dominant period 13 seconds, subsiding to 5 to 7 ft dominant period 12 seconds after midnight.

WED
N winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming NW 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 6 to 8 ft at 11 seconds.

WED NIGHT
NW winds 10 to 20 kt in the evening, becoming NE 5 to 10 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 4 to 6 ft at 11 seconds.

THU
N winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming NW 10 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 4 to 5 ft at 10 seconds.

THU NIGHT
NW winds 10 to 20 kt in the evening, becoming N 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 4 to 5 ft at 10 seconds.

FRI
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. NW swell 3 to 5 ft.

SAT
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 4 to 6 ft.

pjstevko

Crab Pot

Given this forecast I'd say Randy is getting excited!
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Crab Pot on November 08, 2023, 03:26:56 PMGiven this forecast I'd say Randy is getting excited!

Looks like not much wind so far.  Probably a big lump but should be far apart so not a problem. 

El Pescador

Randy!

My prayers are being answered!!!

Before going to sleep last night, I sent a prayer North to the Good Lord, asking for gentle winds on Saturday, cause I REELY want to go fishing with Randy again!!!!!

Our prayers are being answered!!!!

Saturday - It's our day!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Wayne.  Really looking forward to seeing you. It's nice to know someone with good connections!

Thanks also for bringing such a feast for everyone.  Those brownies were amazing.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

If anyone is looking for any rods, reels, jigs, etc. that I might have, I would be happy to bring them late Friday afternoon.  I have a pretty good collection of Penn, Newell, old Pro Gear stuff, some nice Calstars, and tons of good yellowtail and wahoo jigs.

Please PM me your wish list and I will let you know what I have.

Thanks,

Randy