Competitor to Ereplacement Parts?

Started by hotajax, November 03, 2023, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Quote from: hotajax on November 05, 2023, 05:59:30 PM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on November 04, 2023, 05:32:20 AM
Quote from: hotajax on November 03, 2023, 10:55:53 PMHelp the old geezer.  I'm drawing a blank.

What are you looking for? eReplacement isn't cheap but they've sure got an awfully large selection of stuff.
The problem with eReplacement is shipping.  There quoting me a ship time that could come after I leave on my trip.  Need to find a guy with ABU parts that won't dawdle on shipping.

Their shipping time is because they get their parts from the dealer/manufacturer. They don't keep all those parts on hand in their warehouse. That's something you have to be aware if you're going to order from them. Unless they say the have it in stock they're not the go-to place if you are in a hurry. If they show it in stock they'll get it to you quick.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

hotajax

No kidding, I had no idea that's what goes on at eRep.  Good to know, thanks for the help.

hotajax

So I just had a vision from "On High".  The competitor to eReplacement parts that I was trying to think of is this:

https://www.partstree.com

took 2 days to think of it. 

foakes

Quote from: hotajax on November 05, 2023, 06:37:32 PMFred:  I did see where you answered in the thread but didn't ask for the P/N I was looking for.  So it's posted above, and thanks for your time in giving me a hand.    Hopefully Dad's will ship faster than eReplacement parts. 

Didn't send you an email —- just repeating Tom's query further above.

Bet, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

hotajax

Quote from: Midway Tommy on November 05, 2023, 07:39:25 PM
Quote from: hotajax on November 05, 2023, 05:59:30 PM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on November 04, 2023, 05:32:20 AM
Quote from: hotajax on November 03, 2023, 10:55:53 PMHelp the old geezer.  I'm drawing a blank.

What are you looking for? eReplacement isn't cheap but they've sure got an awfully large selection of stuff.
@Midway Tommy:
I owe you an apology.  I didn't see until now that you asked me what parts I was looking for.  I was looking for the shims for the ends of the spool, and something called an "axle clip" that secures the spool shaft.  I can't believe they made that clip out of plastic, undoubtedly will break when you try to removed it.  Abu p/n 20090.  Thanks for your info. 
The problem with eReplacement is shipping.  There quoting me a ship time that could come after I leave on my trip.  Need to find a guy with ABU parts that won't dawdle on shipping.

Their shipping time is because they get their parts from the dealer/manufacturer. They don't keep all those parts on hand in their warehouse. That's something you have to be aware if you're going to order from them. Unless they say the have it in stock they're not the go-to place if you are in a hurry. If they show it in stock they'll get it to you quick.