Am I a hoarder ??? I don't think so

Started by Maxed Out, March 10, 2012, 03:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I've been called worse, but a few of my friends think I'm a hoarder, while the rest of my friends just think my tackle room is a very kool mancave.

Here is a shot of one wall........The other 3 walls are just as cluttered. Oh, and after I ran out of wall space the cieling became my next victim.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

kamuwela

doradoben

hoarder???. No... Seems orderly, so you can find what you need. Looks like you are just well invested.

RWS

That Looks Cool !!!!!!!!   if you were a Hoarder there would be dead fish lying around and it would smell bad, or a bucket full of dead bait. LOL

Alto Mare

Ted, I'm glad I'm not the only nut around here ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Just about right. I'll post a pic of mine as soon as I get all the reels back in one piece. Very,Very efficient.
luck is the residue of design.

mackereljoe

That's excellent.... how did you hang the reels to the beam?

Dominick

I don't see anything wrong with that picture.  You have some strange friends.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Caranx

If a lot of stuff are coming in and some are going out (circulating/cycling/flowing) its not called hoarding!

broadway

Ted,
      Love the "wall paper" ...You look perfectly healthy to me... no obvious signs of hoarding that I can see  ;)
Dom

pijon

I can't imagine how anyone can get by with so little fishing gear.

Makule

QuoteSome hoarding in humans may be a form of mental illness, specifically obsessive-compulsive disorder, where the perceived importance of the hoarded items far exceeds their true value

Taken from Wikipedia (although not the most authoritative source), it suggests that hoarding may be a form of mental illness, which no one on this Forum would likely disagree with since we know that we are quite obsessed with reels.  On the other hand, in order for the act of collecting/hoarding items to really be a mental illness, apparently the perceived value must "far exceed their true value".  Given this caveat, our "hoarding" really is not a mental illness since we are the most knowledgeable in terms of what the value of reels are, given that we deal with them on a daily basis.  Although others may not agree with our assessed value of a given reel (or other fishing paraphernalia) it is simply because they are not sufficiently familiar to be knowledgeable about such items and to be able to assess appropriate value.

The term hoarding is used frequently with a negative connotation, but consider that animals also hoard and such behavior is considered quite normal and appropriate.  People do the same too, so why should that be viewed negatively, unless it creates problems either for oneself or others?  Some people hoard money, but few seem to think that's a problem.  I actually think hoarding money is a big problem because money is only a vehicle of trade.  Money in and of itself has no value, and its value comes only from what one can do with it.  If one simply hoards money and doesn't do anything with it, then it's worthless (for that person).

So, maybe you are a hoarder.  However, that doesn't mean it's a problem or that it's bad.  Still, if anyone feels that hoarding reels and other fishing stuff is a problem, I'm available for consultation as to what to do about it. :D
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

New Site Yellowcat

I don't think so..    That's just my humble opinion..  BUT, if your close friends and family members keep on telling you this then I guess you should

New Site Yellowcat

Sell me one of those Penn reels........ LOL

Then you would be a salesman/ business man/ store keeper.... And a dozen other things I can't spell ... like    un dra per nure..  I think that just a fancy word for store keeper....

Also  I LOVE YOUR choice of interior designs....   nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmer

Wow, I'm jealous, I think you have 4 j-plugs I've never seen before on that wall.... where do you keep the rest of your reels?
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann