Florida man goes fishing in Bass Pro Shops pond, flees with live 50-pound tarpon

Started by ez2cdave, December 23, 2023, 03:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What gets me is that a dozen people popped their phone out to video it. He runs by all kinds of folk. But not one limp noodle stuck a foot out to trip him or even try to clothesline him.

Shellbelly

Quote from: ez2cdave on December 23, 2023, 06:25:53 PMIf it is "Theft" or "Larceny", what "value" can be assigned to the Tarpon, to properly charge the Perpetrator ?
Ok, if he "illegally caught" the fish, was the "pond" considered public waters?  If yes, then the fish is a resource and there may be restitution.  What a mess.  Criminal trespassing, malicious mischief, maybe?  I don't know FL game laws, but over here, courts can tack on adds for the "value" of the resource when you screw up.  Hopefully, he put the fish back into native water.

How in the heck did that fish end up there to begin with?  Surely displays like that are tracked and regulated.  Are there tarpon hatcheries in FL?  If so, maybe BassPro bought the fish.   
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

There was another Bass Pro Shop incident several years ago(a thread on it here) about a teenager "facing charges" for jumping into a pond(aquarium?). Anyone remember that one? Wondering what kinda charges they put on that guy?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

I'm thinking that we'll never hear what happened after.  Bass Pro screwed up and is in a precarious position so it's in their best interest to not press charges.  If they won't press charges then the cops stop looking for the kid.  Video of the release should have appeared on social media by now so maybe it did not go as well as they had hoped.

Bryan Young

I don't know about you guys, but that tarpon did not look like 50 pounds.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

I agree Bryan, looked more like 20 maybe 30 tops, but then perhaps the reporting was done by a fisherman?  :d

Bryan Young

Quote from: David Hall on December 29, 2023, 06:12:17 PMI agree Bryan, looked more like 20 maybe 30 tops, but then perhaps the reporting was done by a fisherman?  :d

:d  :d  :d
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D