This is Very Cool — 18V Battery Adapters

Started by foakes, January 09, 2024, 01:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

Quote from: MarkT on January 11, 2024, 04:33:36 AMMy gardener has cancer and has retired suddenly... he's much older than me so I get it. I think I'm going to do my yard myself now that I'm retired. I was looking to get an Ego blower/trimmer/mower. My son is a fan of the Harbor Freight Atlas 80v stuff. It's certainly cheaper than the Ego stuff. Any opinions?

Ryobi - get their 40v stuff from DTO (refurb or scratch and dent), wait for their sale (nearly few times a month)
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

scrinch

Quote from: MarkT on January 11, 2024, 04:33:36 AMMy gardener has cancer and has retired suddenly... he's much older than me so I get it. I think I'm going to do my yard myself now that I'm retired. I was looking to get an Ego blower/trimmer/mower. My son is a fan of the Harbor Freight Atlas 80v stuff. It's certainly cheaper than the Ego stuff. Any opinions?

I've been happy with the EGO blower and trimmer I've had for the past 6 years or so. Parts are readily available for the trimmer, I have found out. Haven't tried the mower yet, but a couple of friends are happy with theirs. We've got the chainsaw and hedge trimmer also, plus the EGO inverter to use with the battery for light 110v power when we're camping.

MarkT

My son was pushing the Atlas line from Harbor Freight as well, but, I decided to stick with my current battery platform and went with Makita blower, string trimmer and mower to go with my pole hedge trimmer.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Midway Tommy

The current northern tier dead EV battery debacle with little to no way of rectifying it other than God and Mother Nature has reinforced hesitation toward battery operated equipment.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)