exp2000

QuoteWhat could be the cause of it? Have they been destroyed by too much axial load?

Axial load would not cause bearings to lockup unless completely destroyed. It would think it would create excessive wear and play if anything.

It is a reel that looks new... the insides show no evidence of corrosion, even the main bearing looks clean, apart from the grease in it.

I assume that the grease was clean? Was it standard issue Shimano or something else? If not, can you describe it?

fishmeluck

Quote from: MFB on August 15, 2014, 07:51:49 AM
Hi Bruce,

Got one from Alan for my 30A. They are easy to swap over, just watch out for the detent spring on the high low switch on the handle it can jump out if you're not careful.

Rgds

Mark

Very nice looking reel. I found a similar reel with the black Tiburon frame, bearing and drag upgrades, in very good to excellent condition and wonder what a fair price would be.
Give a man a fish and he will have fish for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Ballsie1

So missing the line that says, resist the temptation to seperate the drive gears, I am requiring some assistance in reassembling the drive gear setup on a tld 50 2 speed.
Any help or pics will help
Thanks ben

alantani

i don't have a picture of the proper orientation.  i'm guessing that either the gears or spacers are reversed?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

Quote from: Ballsie1 on January 17, 2016, 07:27:10 AM
So missing the line that says, resist the temptation to seperate the drive gears, I am requiring some assistance in reassembling the drive gear setup on a tld 50 2 speed.
Any help or pics will help
Thanks ben

being there done that..

your best bet is to find another 2speed TLD and watch for the proper orientation of the gears and spacers, I know its not helping, but that was what I needed to do  :-\

The Baja Guy

Ballsie1

Thanks mate, I pulled apart my 30 2 speed to check today, all back together now.😉

Ram-Rod

Just wanted to drop a Thank You to Alan for this TLD 30 info. The tidbit about the shift button guard screws messing with the shift button if too tight just saved my bacon.  Your site is priceless. Thanks!

Tim
Carlsbad, CA

alantani

glad it worked out for you!

chasilberry

I finished the rebuild on 2 of my 30's using the washers Alan supplied me with. I used TSI 301 on the spool bearings, used the washers inside the right spool bearings, did the bellview washer change, everything went well. The first reel ( the one with the tape on the spool ) did 20 lbs. drag with great freespool and no binding of the handle. The second one would hold 18 lbs. with great freespool, but lots of binding when turning the handle. I had to get the drag down to 12 lbs. before the handle would turn freely. Any suggestions as to what may be happening with reel #2 before I tear it apart again?
Thanks in advance,
Charlie

alantani

usually that means that the pinion (right main side plate) bearing is bad. 

chasilberry

Right again! The pinion bearing had jammed from some grit that got in it. After cleaning  and regreasing I got 22 lbs. of drag with everything working as it should. I can't wait to dropper loop a yellowtail in June.
Thanks Alan

MarkT

Nice that you were able to renovate the bearing rather than having to replace it.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

mrwilson99

Anyone know where I can get an upgraded frame from? I have a TLD 30 2-Speed.  Thanks!
David

Bryan Young

Quote from: mrwilson99 on July 06, 2017, 08:12:33 AM
Anyone know where I can get an upgraded frame from? I have a TLD 30 2-Speed.  Thanks!

Will Fish Tackle, 11944 Masters Ct, Auburn, CA 95603

(530) 887-0839
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rothmar2

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 06, 2017, 08:48:32 AM
Quote from: mrwilson99 on July 06, 2017, 08:12:33 AM

Will Fish Tackle, 11944 Masters Ct, Auburn, CA 95603

(530) 887-0839

Any idea Bryan what the price is on the frames? And would they post to Australia?