Started by El Pescador, February 03, 2024, 04:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Wayne,

I "was planning" on bringing my:

505JM 20 pound kit
506JM 30 pound kit

And my Penn 320 LW for trolling.

I'll bring extra spools for the 505 & 506 but I hate changing spools on the fly!

Hopefully we won't need to downgrade to lighter test.

Too Lazy!

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Maxed Out

Steve, the Tornado switched to spectra last year on all bait sticks. 50# with 25# mono topshot 10-12' long. He hasn't updated his website to say this, but I can tell you first hand that it is a fact
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crab Pot

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 04, 2024, 07:59:00 PMSteve, the Tornado switched to spectra last year on all bait sticks. 50# with 25# mono topshot 10-12' long. He hasn't updated his website to say this, but I can tell you first hand that it is a fact

Thanks Maxed Out!

So much to learn, but at lest we have time to learn it.

Steve

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Crab Pot on February 04, 2024, 08:43:43 PM
Quote from: Maxed Out on February 04, 2024, 07:59:00 PMSteve, the Tornado switched to spectra last year on all bait sticks. 50# with 25# mono topshot 10-12' long. He hasn't updated his website to say this, but I can tell you first hand that it is a fact

Thanks Maxed Out!

So much to learn, but at lest we have time to learn it.

Steve
At least you got some extra space now to fit new info!
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crab Pot

Brewcrafter

Wayne - Another beautiful Ted creation.  El Pescador might be feeling a little bit of pressure, because if you can't slay some fish with THAT reel.... - john

Crab Pot

Quote from: Brewcrafter on February 05, 2024, 12:19:02 AMWayne - Another beautiful Ted creation.  El Pescador might be feeling a little bit of pressure, because if you can't slay some fish with THAT reel.... - john

John,

I didn't want to say that!

But Wayne can always hand it off to me for test work out on the trip!

Steve

El Pescador

Quote from: Brewcrafter on February 05, 2024, 12:19:02 AMWayne - Another beautiful Ted creation.  El Pescador might be feeling a little bit of pressure, because if you can't slay some fish with THAT reel.... - john

Brewcrafter!!!

Any uneasy feeling about catching albacore can we calmed down with a can of brew or two of your specialty beer!!!  Like the trip in Morro Bay where you sent it north from your hometown.  I'm just thinking!!!!!

And Steve, Yes, I'll be more than happy to send Ted's Black Mamba around the boat for those who want to pull on it.

Also, I've talked with Dominick, and he will send with us one of his Penn Torque star drag reels - same one I used in 2012 out of Santa Cruz for my last Albacore trip.  That too was a barn burner of a catch'n trip.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

Quote from: El Pescador on February 05, 2024, 02:06:10 AM

Brewcrafter!!!

Any uneasy feeling about catching albacore can we calmed down with a can of brew or two of your specialty beer!!!  Like the trip in Morro Bay where you sent it north from your hometown.  I'm just thinking!!!!!

And Steve, Yes, I'll be more than happy to send Ted's Black Mamba around the boat for those who want to pull on it.

Also, I've talked with Dominick, and he will send with us one of his Penn Torque star drag reels - same one I used in 2012 out of Santa Cruz for my last Albacore trip.  That too was a barn burner of a catch'n trip.

Wayne

Why isnt Dommie sending Dommie to use the Torque himself????

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Donnyboat

Top job Ted, you better catch some fish with it Wayne.
    a question for all you fisho`s up top, considering it is your winter at this time of the year, would it not be best to place the mono on it now,cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Surfrat

Does it got all the usual SS internal goodies we love on this site? ;D

How much does it weighs without line?

It's an Albacore Killer! :al