D.A.M. Quick 330 spooling problem

Started by ScottW, February 12, 2024, 06:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottW

Quote from: oldmanjoe on February 14, 2024, 04:56:23 PMI would  fix this bail , straighten it a little more so the bail roller is 90 degrees , like the one on the right side in the picture .  DO this before you start shimming the spool for line lay .

By all rights the way it is pictured the spool should have been fat bottomed ,not top heavy .

Gotcha, I actually have a new rubber bail stop (the one on there now is worn down) incoming as well as the shim washers. I'll install the new bail stop first and go from there.

Thanks!

Scott

foakes

Don't look for or pay for any metal spools, Scott —-

Here are a couple that I just put together for you.

They will just snap onto your 330's.

You can use the plastics for other reels or spooled backups.

The two spools are used, but in great condition.

The other 8 parts to each spool are brand new old stock (drag knobs, drags, under washers, ratchet wheels, spindles, etc.)

This is more appropriate for Snook.

N/C.

In the mail today or tomorrow, depending on time available to run them down the hill to the Post Office. 

Probably tomorrow, since I am replacing CV axles on my truck today —- and may not have the time or inclination today —- depending if there are snags removing the old axles, or not.

Rain coming in tonight, and for the next 7 days, except maybe clear Friday.  So got to do them today, or wait until over a week from now.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ScottW

Quote from: foakes on February 14, 2024, 05:54:15 PMDon't look for or pay for any metal spools, Scott —-

Here are a couple that I just put together for you.

They will just snap onto your 330's.

You can use the plastics for other reels or spooled backups.

The two spools are used, but in great condition.

The other 8 parts to each spool are brand new old stock (drag knobs, drags, under washers, ratchet wheels, spindles, etc.)

This is more appropriate for Snook.

N/C.

In the mail today or tomorrow, depending on time available to run them down the hill to the Post Office. 

Probably tomorrow, since I am replacing CV axles on my truck today —- and may not have the time or inclination today —- depending if there are snags removing the old axles, or not.

Rain coming in tonight, and for the next 7 days, except maybe clear Friday.  So got to do them today, or wait until over a week from now.

Best, Fred

I'm speechless! I can't thank you enough Fred, wow. I can't wait to use these this season!!!

Good luck on the CV's I trust all goes smoothly for you.

Again, your kindness is truly appreciated!

Scott