Large Saltwater Reel Identification

Started by Reeltyme, March 17, 2024, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Some of us "Old" reel collectors collect old reels and some of us "Old" reel collectors don't consider ourselves "Old". Some of us "ORCA" members have a sense of humor and are well aware of the inside joke and chuckle about it and, then again, some don't.

Welcome, Jerry, and nice to see you've figured out how to get to the "Old Reel Collectors Assocciation" website. You might want to consider becoming a paid ORCA member and take advantage of their member benefits.  :d
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Reeltyme

Damn Tommy! Are we old? I guess we are getting up in years, just not quite there yet. I gotta say, nothing like those OLD reels!

Jerry, don't take it to heart about the ORCA website joking. Tommy and I have been around quite a while. Everyone that's been in the collecting mode for any length of time knows ORCA. The site is filled with a great many very knowledgeable folks. What one person doesn't know, someone else does. It would be a great benefit to you to consider joining the site if you are new to collecting. Just keep your conversations to reels. And seriously, welcome to the Tani family!

Midway Tommy

It's too bad you feel so insulted, Jerry, getting to ORCA was meant to be a compliment. There's a lot to be learned from experienced researchers and collectors over there with regards to old, antique, vintage & collectable fishing reels.   ;D 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

broadway

I'm joining this conversation late and can't see any of "Jerry's" postings, but from what I see I have no idea what chapped Jerry's butt so bad.  I for one don't feel the need to beg anyone back to the BEST SITE IN THE WORLD.  If ya left that easy ya must not have wanted to be here so bad.
Back to "Reel Business"
Warmest regards, >:D
Dom