skakespeare overhead reel

Started by Donnyboat, March 26, 2024, 04:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi every one, hope your all leaving fish in the water for me.
      I picked up a Shakespeare ugly stik reel, US.30B I think purefishing have taken over, I tried to phone them, without any luck, maybe I am getting the international code mixed up, I am after chumatics of the reel, its possibly the size, between a senator 4/0 & a 6/0, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

When I stripped this reel, lots of parts, fell out thats why, I was after schematic, but I managed to service all the parts,  place it back together, they are a beautiful reel really well made, I will try & get some pictures, thanks for all the help, Haa Ha, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

Don asked me to post a few photos on his behalf.

So Donny Boy, here you go!!!!!

Detail Closeup shot.

Tell us what you know, Don!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Yee Ha Wayne thanks a million, got me beet why Jennifer says your usless, as the pictures give a comparison, to the GTI330, the Shakespeare UGLY STIK is just a bit larger, nice smooth reel, I also manage to find a Shakespeare UGLY STIK rod 24 Kg, to match with it, special thanks again Wayne, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

I've never heard of "Ugly Stick" reel, I have Ugly Stick rods and I had a cheap'o Shakes. Tidewater years ago that looked similar. I like the thick-looking rings on the outer plates. Ha!, now I have to look it up and get details.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Hardy Boy

I was only ever beat by an ugly stick. I haves seen several Shakespeare reels and they have all been well made.

Todd
Todd

Brewcrafter

I'm with Mr. Wayne, I have a handful of Ugly Stick rods that I rely on but never knew they had reels!  Always love hearing from Donnyboat and superkudos to Wayne for posting the photos! - john

Donnyboat

Thanks everyone, yes I have restored a few shakespeare reels, they were all well made, they produced many spinning reels, this UGLY STIK reel is the first overhead I have seen, very nice reel, special thanks again Wayne , cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat