75th Anniversary Zebco 33

Started by Brewcrafter, March 27, 2024, 03:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

Okay, admittedly I'm guessing (purely a guess) that probably not many of us on the forum are snatching up Zebco 33's or cornering the market with a garage full of maintenance parts.  I would also guess (and only a guess) that probably a lot of us had and used one at some time in our formative days.  I still have my very first 1960's Zebco 66 combo (caught my first fish on it, daughter caught hers, son caught his, and it is safely tucked away in the hopes that I'm around long enough for another generation).  Anyhow, saw where they are getting ready to release their "75th Anniversary" model.  Wondering if they just ran off a bunch of stickers to slap onto existing inventory, or will they be taking a page from Penn's book with a wooden presentation box, serial numbered reel, limited edition with certificates of authenticity (I am somewhat tongue in cheek here)?  Anyhow, even if it's a discount sticker special I might have to get one just to toss on the shelf; the Zebco 33 is an enduring classic.  I believe our Boss has a commemorative 70th Anniversary Model, and also was good enough to record a cool tour of the Zebco factory which (I hope) this link will take folks to:

- john

jgp12000

My first reel was a 33 I believe 67' Model.I found a collector on Fishingtalks He knows all the history Has parts,nice guy.Also a Johnson spincast collector/parts as well,good folks!