Ambassadeur 10000 cl

Started by Kolbein, October 01, 2023, 04:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbein

Hi.

I opended and dismanteled my 10000 cl today.  Using a great turtorial found here.. I found that my centrifugal breake did not come with the break-blocks.  Just bare pins.. i do belive it has worked well without them, but should i try to get hold of New ones?  Ir just put it back together without?

Best regards Kolbein
Norwegian Noob

JasonGotaProblem

I tend to remove stuff like that. The only non-thumb brake I use is the occasional magnet.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Swami805

I usually take those out too. Maybe get some and try it to see what you prefer
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ExcessiveAngler

Not really sure, what the Abu brake blocks are made out of, but have made my own, using WD-40 straws lol.
They will definitely, slow the reel down at the beginning of the cast, like they're supposed to!

Gfish

I'd replace them. Looks like some other owner lost the originals or left them out.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Kolbein

Thanks for the feedback 🙂🙂🙂
Norwegian Noob

Kolbein

Last night I finished my first attempt at fixing/restore a reel.. and i'm happy with the result. I'm waiting for some New washers and New drag washers,  but the reel is usable.. also gonna try and find a new handle , not perfekt, but all in all happy with the outcome.. picures from before and today 😁😁
Norwegian Noob

JasonGotaProblem

Great job. Hardly recognizable.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Donnyboat

Looks Good, if the handle is not turning very well, make up some bycarb & cold power, mix it in a milk container cap with a tooth brush, then work it around the handle shaft, leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, then scrub it, with hot water, allow it to dry, with the handle pointing upwards, after that lube it, maybe with synthetic oil, n Bobs your uncle, I give credit to MO65 for that solution, Mike is a master @ restoring, reels, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Kolbein

Quote from: Donnyboat on October 05, 2023, 01:55:01 AMLooks Good, if the handle is not turning very well, make up some bycarb & cold power, mix it in a milk container cap with a tooth brush, then work it around the handle shaft, leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, then scrub it, with hot water, allow it to dry, with the handle pointing upwards, after that lube it, maybe with synthetic oil, n Bobs your uncle, I give credit to MO65 for that solution, Mike is a master @ restoring, reels, cheers Don.

Thanks 🙂 the handle is turning ok, but it is really bent out of shape. 
Norwegian Noob

Kolbein

Perfect sundaymorning. The wife and I, a rowboat, my old abu 10000c and fishing.
Norwegian Noob

Gfish

Nice! Out on the fjord? What kinda Cod species is that? How's the 2-speed work on that reel? Had a 9000 and could never tell if it was working right. If you don't cast it, probably no need for the blocks.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Beautiful day on the water and dinner to boot, can't beat that!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Kolbein

Quote from: Gfish on April 07, 2024, 05:05:00 PMNice! Out on the fjord? What kinda Cod species is that? How's the 2-speed work on that reel? Had a 9000 and could never tell if it was working right. If you don't cast it, probably no need for the blocks.

Not a fjord,  just outside of our cabin. Just an ordinari coast-cod, dont think it have an other name. The twospeed,  i'm not sure about that either  ???
Norwegian Noob

Kolbein

Quote from: Swami805 on April 07, 2024, 06:30:28 PMBeautiful day on the water and dinner to boot, can't beat that!

It was a perfect day😇😇 and dinner was good 8)
Norwegian Noob