Heddon's Sons 100 spin cast

Started by JeffG, May 11, 2024, 01:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JeffG

Good evening all!

I know it's not a typical spinning reel, but I'm stumped. I took this reel apart to clean and I for the life of me can't figure out how the anti-reverse works.

The main gear bushing is smooth, nothing for any kind of dog or alike. I just don't see what the spring does. I'm assuming there is something missing and can't find a schematic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jeff

Gfish

Cool, a worm gear spincaster. A tuff looking reel. Sorry no idea about AR. Did you reassemble it and the AR didn't work?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

JeffG

Quote from: Gfish on May 11, 2024, 03:00:28 AMCool, a worm gear spincaster. A tuff looking reel. Sorry no idea about AR. Did you reassemble it and the AR didn't work?

Never did work. The thing is crazy smooth. The main gear is at least a quarter inch thick and surprisingly plastic.

happyhooker

Guy on another site claimed the 100 had a roller clutch AR.  Can't confirm.  Have tried to get a schematic myself with no luck.  This reel was only on the market a few years.  Plastic gear was supposedly prone to crack.

Frank

oldmanjoe

I woulds say it`s missing a ball bearing .  Fits on the left side spring .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JeffG

Quote from: oldmanjoe on Today at 10:39:36 AMI woulds say it`s missing a ball bearing .  Fits on the left side spring .

Thanks! I swear I've worked on a reel that had something similar before. I just can't remember the exact way it worked.

Thanks
Jeff