Fathom II LD30 2 spd smaller handle

Started by Hankzudd, March 31, 2024, 01:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankzudd

wife likes the reel, but factory handle no like(has small hands); saw the gomex al. with holes, but that's probably no go; she's ok with 113 factory style handle, so who has something size-wise like that?  thanks

alantani

you have the silver second generation fathom, correct?  the old first generation oval plastic knob will fit. just send me a text with your full mailing address (and remind me what it is you need), and i'll sent it out in tomorrow's mail.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I think the FTHII10XN has a smaller handle similar in design as the one on the FTHII30.  The FTHII15XN handle is the same size as the FTHII30, I have both on my workbench and will check on the FTHII10XN handle when I go to my shop tomorrow.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hankzudd

Keta

The 10 and 15 handles are the same size.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

akfish

I just bought a 16VISX and changed the handle to a larger one. The original handle was just too small for me -- but if it fits your reel I can send it to you. Can anyone say whether the 16VISX handle?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Keta

The International VISX 16 handle is larger than the FTH 30 handle.

Mark Twain

Hankzudd

thanks for all the help guys; she really needs a handle the size of one of the 113's with
the pickle type solid plastic handle; i have one, but i don't think i can make it work.

oh well, i'll keep looking as i want to make it easier for her with a 2 speed when we get to
red snapper fishing soon.

thanks again Alan, the handle works great & i like it alot more than the stock handle Penn
used; i guess those football shapes are my style.