Clean the fishing line

Started by MexicanGulf, March 24, 2024, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

If you clean your line and your rag gets 'gunk' then it probably helps to clean it. Dirty line has to be more visible,than clean line. What helps the most is picking the best bait in the tank, handling it as little as possible and getting it in the water so it can get to work.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

JasonGotaProblem

I have found that if I've used sunscreen and haven't washed my hands with dish soap it feels like it affects the bite.

And a hungry fish in a frenzy will hit anything. But on a slow day where they're hesitant to commit, the little things may make the difference between a few fish and zero.

But then I still remember Gary saying if you wanna see more hits spray your lure with wd40. Haven't tried it yet but if it's true it kinda makes you wonder...

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Dominick

Quote from: Brewcrafter on April 02, 2024, 03:25:58 AMWhile only somewhat related to this (and another one of those anecdotal "truths") I will say that I was always led to believe that folks that smoke (nicotine hands) and things like getting careless while gassing up the boat and getting residue on the hands or sunscreen are all general "bite killers" if you handle the line/bait/tie knots with contaminated hands.  I know when I had the privilege of salmon fishing with Maxed Out Ted he kept a bucket of diluted Dawn dish soap handy specifically to clean terminal tackle (especially if jellyfish/slime/etc was on the line) and he knows a thing or two about fishing..... - john

I agree, whatever you have touched transfers to the bait and fishing line.  So keep it clean or wear rubber gloves.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.